Gunboards Forums banner

Werder rifle bayonet

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dotman 
#1 ·
Just bought a Werder rifle with the bayonet lug attached to the barrel. So its not the M/69n.M. model. Bought a Werder rifle bayonet. Yes, it is a correct Werder bayonet, being one that was reduced in weight. Problem is the bayonet will not fit onto the rifle? The lug is to wide, needing about 1mm filed off in order for the bayonet to fit. Was this done on purpose by the Bavarians so the bayonet couldn't fit because they were having problems with bent barrels? Hence why they came out with the Werder model M/69n.M. model. Things that make you go Hmmm! I do not want to file the lug down in order to make the bayonet fit even if it is tempting because now I have a useless bayonet.

#3 ·
I am very curious, could you post pictures?

#5 ·
SG71 won't fit the Werder by design, nothing wrong with the craftsmanship.

#7 · (Edited)
Hello Dotman,

My Werder has been converted to 11x60mmR and the bayonet lug is mounted on the barrel as you can see in the photo.

Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

My original full length S69 slips right on and locks in place.

Scabbard Dagger Blade Sword Sabre
Scabbard Sabre Sword Dagger Épée

With the exception of the S69/98 in the bottom of the second photo below, ALL of my S69 bayonets, both lightened as well as altered to fit the IG71, IG71/84 and Gew 88, still mount on my Werder.

Sword Product Épée Sabre Sabre
Dagger Blade Scabbard Sword Knife

I'm surprised that you are having issues with your bayonet? The last thing I would do would be to file stock off of the lug on the rifle! Look for another bayonet or two. They should fit???

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Warmest regards,

JPS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.