Gunboards Forums banner

Star model B problem

635 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Adondebaes 
#1 ·
Hi there, first post (as i joined this board specifically to access this forum).
I bought a Star model B (9mm para) last year. never used it until this weekend.
First impressions - Amazingly accurate and feels great in the hands and natural to shoot, apart from.......

First shot fires correctly.
case doe snot eject, slide does not come back.
Hammer seems to sit a little back in an almost 'half cock' position.
I cannot manually pull the slide back UNTIL the hammer has been moved all the way back and then either the trigger is pulled or it is released and the hammer is resting again. Then the slide can be worked, the empty ejects and it loads the next round. Same happens when that is fired.

I have field stripped and re assembled, it is clean and lubricated correctly and nothing appears out of place or visibly incorrect to my untrained eye. Any thoughts experiences and / or opinions gratefully received..

#2 ·
1892 A pretty fair number of the Model B's exhibit the problem that you've encountered. Take a look at http://www.kegisland.com/index.html then under the Repair dropdown look for major Debugging Projects. There you'll find a well researched analysis of the problem. One place to start is to acquire some steel cased Tulammo.

Good luck and let us know whether or not, and how, you solve the issue.

#3 ·
1892 A pretty fair number of the Model B's exhibit the problem that you've encountered. Take a look at http://www.kegisland.com/index.html then under the Repair dropdown look for major Debugging Projects. There you'll find a well researched analysis of the problem. One place to start is to acquire some steel cased Tulammo.

Good luck and let us know whether or not, and how, you solve the issue.
I was able to solve my Star Model B's FTE/FTF issues by using Remington UMC 9mm ammo exclusively.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.