Having trouble posting images

Thread: Having trouble posting images

Default Having trouble posting images

In the past, I have always used the "Insert Image" option in the tool bar. This has always posted a clear image of choice in any thread.

Lately, no matter what browser, when I use this option, I get Attachment ######### in the post, instead of an image.

For instance: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	2176506 I can see this image when I insert it, but when I post I see the "Attachment" link. Tried many things advised on the Minefield, but nothing worked. Not sure if I am the only one seeing the attachment link or not.

EDIT!!!!: Well of course it works here. Why shouldn't it.... I swear it's been driving me crazy...
    Gary

***WARNING*** Mosins breed like rabbits!

In shallow men the fish of little thoughts cause much commotion. In oceanic minds the whales of inspiration make hardly a ruffle. PARAMHANSA YOGANANDA

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. Gerald R. Ford

"Let your effort be louder than your mouth."

I had exact problem last week. As a test, I'm posting a quick reply using the bottom reply button and using the insert image button...Attachment 2178178 I see the pix and I shall now click the post quick reply...

There you have it. (Or don't have it as the case maybe.) I could see the pix but it posted it as an attachment. when this happened last week, it would show the pix if I edited my post and re-inserted the image. I'll now try using the top "+Reply to thread" button at the top left of the post instead of the bottom Reply button....

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Trying a pix using the blue "+Reply to Thread" balloon....Attachment 2178194 And I see the pix before I click "Post Quick Reply"...

...And that still has it as an attachment. So we'll do the exact same thing and then try to reinsert via the "edit post" function...Attachment 2178210

Now inserting the same pix in "edit post" which contains a whole lot more menu buttons but still using "Insert image" button....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170418_154830_HDR.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	2178226
    Last edited by ubich; 04-25-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Pix troubleshooting

And it actually put the picture in there.

Lessons learned:

A. Great way to get your Posts count up.
    B. Without spending all night doing this, initial hypothesis is there is something wacky going on that seems fixable by editing a post immediately after posting and re-inserting pix.

I have not tried any of this from an initial post or "go advanced" (whatever that does) perspective.

Testing with Quick Reply, insert image:

Attachment 2179898

Edit 1: Went to Edit post, will add another insert image:

Name:	heavy breathing.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	2179914

Edit 2: So yes, unfortunately a little work around is required for the time being, you can either edit your quick reply post or use the Go Advanced option and insert image there or attachments like so:

Name:	heavy breathing.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	2179914

Apologies for the inconvenience - this is a known issue and being looked into for correction. We'll keep you posted on when there is an update. Thank you guys for your patience and understanding on this. Ticket 2475001

Cheers,
    Natalie
    Last edited by Admin; 04-26-2017 at 09:21 AM.