Gunboards Forums banner

Am I reading this right??

930 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  thickstring 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is 10 days to go on this auction.... Is it the condition, or the pistol..?? no links to live auctions

#3 ·
Sometimes bidders go nuts, a Super S is a beautiful pistol, i have one that is this one's twin except mine came with factory checkered walnut. I have see DK's go for 8-900 bucks without the box. The bidders on this pistol are not super experienced with the process ( one has 3priors) and as a consequence tend to get the " I gotta have it" attitude. The pistol should sell $450-500 range.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Free State Arms (Limington Maine) a GB seller has a Star S Super .380 for much less ($495), I was searching for info to reply to another thread and saw it. No factory box but $400 less than the one above. FSA will do sales off GB over the phone usually for the listed auction starting price and sometimes negotiate accepting a lower offer.

link:No links to live auctions

#5 ·
Supers are neat pistols with more modern features than the standard S but I prefer the simple styling and operation of the S series. I have many S pistols that are unique including one that was in a lot of 500 sent to the Nazis and described in the Antarias book as " disposition of these pistols is unknown". Mine made it to Germany and is stamped with the distributors " Shooting Policeman" logo. As it is like new I doubt it was ever issued and probably a GI bring back.

#6 ·
Are "pearl" smooth grips common of the Star Super S? (the one I referenced above has the pearl grips)

Are factory mags hard to come and if "yes" are aftermarket mags reliable?

Edited:

Never mind, I looked it up ie "what makes it a "Super" as opposed to just a Star S?"

#7 · (Edited)
Factory Star mags are available, a couple of years ago I was paying 15 bucks in the wrapper, probably more now check Gun Broker. Aftermarket are a crap shoot some work some don't. Many are made by Triple K and i have received good and horrible mags when ordering. The Star marked pearl grips (imitation) shrink badly and normally were only on chrome or engraved pistols , there were several grip makers who made blocky feeling grips without star markings. A normal S Super came with redish brown plastic or black plastic grips marked with Star logo although some did come with checkered wood and Star escutcheons.
Also on magazines Star did not mark caliber and used .32 and .380 interchangably, S magazines fit :S, SS, SI and Super pistols (early fixed floorplate mags do not fit pistols without a notch in the toe of the grip, removeable floorplate mags will normally work in both).

#10 ·
John, The grips are the last version used by Star on all of the S series pistols compliments of the 68 GCA, they also put an adjustable sight on it to get the points up as wellas ATF accepted the manual safety with more points as it actually blocked the sear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.