Gunboards Forums banner

Is this an ex- m41 Sniper?

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Gustro79 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked this Swede 96 up today. It has holes drilled for a base. Bolt is in the white. ALL numbers match and some were re-stamped to match, including the firing pin. It has a regular rear sight that also matches.
It appears to have been re-furbed and re-barreled. Does that "58" in the butt plate suggest a 1958 refurb? Three crowns have been mostly sanded away and it has been re-stamped with an "OB" crown. The barrel is like new perfect, shiny and sharp. The bluing is nearly perfect but has that refurb look to it.
So tell me: do I have an ex-sniper? If so does it increase value or still detract because it's a gun with holes in it?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like it may be an ex m/41 sniper . You need to measure the center distances of the holes . The original m/41 sniper had 47.5 m/m centers between the 2 dowel holes & 37.5 m/m between the two outside tapped holes . This base had the large radius at the front . See photo .

The next m/41 sniper base had about 59 ( 58 ) m/m between the two dowel holes and 47 m/m between the two outside tapped holes & square at the front . " B " model snipers had these same dimensions , except with the added extension at the front of the base .

The #58 is unknown to me ????????? Looks like you have the 85 degree butt angle , so probably an original matching stock . It has a replacement m/94 or m/38 style bolt , forged down , not torch bent like a sniper bolt .

What the value is above the standard m/96 in the same condition is unknown ???????? SAMCO sold m/41b snipers with the base for $595 and $695 some time ago . You do not have the base , so maybe in the $500 range ?????????????

Depending on how you look at it , it could be considered another Bubba shooter & worth maybe $300 ???????????

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.