Gunboards Forums banner

Mauser C96 Commercial Model in 9mm

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  staffy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm bidding on a commercial C96 that was converted to 9mm at some point. Serial number dates it to sometime between 1915-1921. It's in the 366,xxx range. What do these go far as far as value wise? The one i'm bidding on has some "moderate" pitting from the description. It's been reblued over pitting, and the bore is excellent. Has a set of repro grips, and a repro stock. The best part is the place is about 30 minutes from me which is pretty nice. I'd mainly want this as a shooter that i can take to the range and shoot a lot without worrying a ton about it. What would something like this be worth with the stock, so that I dont put too much in it? Also - I heard that some of the conversions that were done that aren't the "Red 9" can be finicky and jam, though I'm not sure that it's all of them, and have heard some people have had no issues. Any thoughts on the conversions from 7.63 to 9mm?

See less See more
#2 ·
Rear sight fits in with war time commercial as does serial number, first of the NS marked hammers. When you say 9mm, it is presumed you refer to 9mm Para not 9mm Mauser.
Not au fait with the US market, so can't help with price, but would suggest having it checked out prior to purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.