No more Blazer 9x18 Mak?

Thread: No more Blazer 9x18 Mak?

Default No more Blazer 9x18 Mak?

Started seeing a huge price drop in aluminum cased CCI Blazer Mak ammo. Some marked CLEARANCE. Think they're getting out of the 9x18 Mak production?
    http://www.selwayarmory.com/cci-blaz...box-of-50.html

Others have it marked down to around $17/50.
    If aluminum's your bag.

That price brings them down to nearly everyone else's list price. You may be seeing the invisible hand of Adam Smith in action.

Its not surprising their discontinuing it. You can get steel case under $10 on sale and PPU reloadable brass for about the same price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Selway Armory ... haven't dealt with them before. "Regular price $24.99; Special Price $12.99." What kind of markup do retailers actually make on CCI ammo?

And it's sold as "perfect for practice and training". Is that why it normally costs more than brass-cased, reloadable, defensive ammo?

I never understood the marketing behind "aircraft aluminum" cases.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Only cases to ever cause one of my Makarovs to jam. I'll pass, you can have my share.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

Quote Originally Posted by North Bender View Post
    Selway Armory ... haven't dealt with them before. "Regular price $24.99; Special Price $12.99." What kind of markup do retailers actually make on CCI ammo?

And it's sold as "perfect for practice and training". Is that why it normally costs more than brass-cased, reloadable, defensive ammo?

I never understood the marketing behind "aircraft aluminum" cases.
    In my view: In other calibers, aluminum cased Blazer brand has been competitive, even cheaper than brass cased for the same caliber. However, in 9x18Mak the price has been over $20/50, and usually by a couple of bucks ($22/50). I don't know why. Now, we're seeing American produced Blazer by CCI at prices competitive with some Euro cartridges, albeit aluminum. I've shot Blazer in .45 ACP (remember the funky blue plastic coated bullets/aluminum case) with no problems, but eventually stayed with brass/ball. Aluminum is lighter than brass, cheaper to produce, strong and stores well long term (unless cases develop aluminum oxide (salt) which is abrasive). It has a low melting point, so not recommended for sustained fire. Whether to use or not use is operator's choice. I was wondering if stocks were being liquidated and CCI was ceasing production, not that I bought it anyhow. Some sites have it marked as a clearance item (Sportsman's Guide...Graf and Son...) and with Selway, American 9x18 M at $12.99, well...just hmmm.
    http://ammo.com/casing-type/aluminum

If you normally carry several thousand rounds it might pay to have aluminum casings.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.