FN model 1922 nazi occupation pistol 7.65

just got a FN browning patent 1922 7.65 serial number159305 with holster and two clips. pistol has H with a lot of nazie acceptence stamps WaA 140 with eagles with swastic,s, the checkered walnut wood grips are in very good con. blueing 65-70 percent,ex bore. the two clips have a ovel with FN inside with 7.65 below the ovel and WaA140 stamped at the top. the holster is black(can,t find any marks) and is well used but in solid con (no rips or tares). this pistol is a vet bring back, (no import marks). i may get the return papers but i am not holding my breath. i paid 275.00 for it, is that a good price? thanks eastbank.

Hard to be hurt at that price. IMHO, the pistol is worth the $275 with the mags easy. The holster is icing on the cake. Neat little pistols.

Typically, the pistol with mags and holster go for $300+. Depending on the condition and "correctness" of the holster, the holster alone might be worth $100. You got it for a good price.

Ol Duke is offline Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer

(H) marked is a +.....
    Thanks,
    Ol'Duke

"I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would be an affront to your intelligence."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
    (Excuse me. I need to see a man about a dog.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Duke View Post
    (H) marked is a +.....
    Is there any definitive proof what exactly the (H) mark means? I have read it stands for Heer (Army) but it was on the internet ;^)
    D.
    Saab 1950-2011. RIP

Ol Duke is offline Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer

That's what I've heard....Denny at Empire Arms puts a premium on (H) marked pistols.
    Thanks,
    Ol'Duke

"I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would be an affront to your intelligence."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
    (Excuse me. I need to see a man about a dog.)

thanks,i think i,ll keep it. it,s very hard to buy a complete ww-2 pistol (holster and magazines)used by the germans or there allies in very good con. for 275.00. thanks again,eastbank.

eastbank, Great deal. That holster may be worth the whole price paid depending on the model. Don't make too much of the (H) marking. That is very common. No one knows just what that marking means as no records show just why it was there. Common sense does suggest the Heer (Army) meaning, however, and I agree with that assessment. What is nice is how few 1922 pistols actually carry the WaA140 marked magazines. I'm not sure I've actually seen that stamping on the 1922 magazine but believe they are present. Can you post an image of just the magazine with the stamp? Nice catch. Dan P.
    Last edited by Berettamen; 11-27-2008 at 11:36 AM.

I always assumed the "H" in circle on the 1922 had the same meaning as the "H" on a Hi Power-- Belgian Army property.

Does it not?

Cool Nice Find!

Hello EastBank. Nice find there! I just got one myself! Mine only came with a holster though. Congrats on your find!

Default 1922

Anyone looking for a turkish contract 1922 ???? look here:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=38905

It's mine and i'd be willing to sell / trade.
    me26245

Quote Originally Posted by Galilmen View Post
    Don't make too much of the (H) marking. That is very common. No one knows just what that marking means as no records show just why it was there.

Agreed, nothing special or uncommon about the H marking. Again, nobody knows what it signifies.

Quote Originally Posted by me26245 View Post
    Anyone looking for a turkish contract 1922 ???? look here:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=38905

It's mine and i'd be willing to sell / trade.
    Turkish contract pistols are very uncommon. Too bad the barrel appears to have been swapped out.

Default Turkish contract

Yes, alas it's how it came to me. If only I had the original barrel.
    me26245