Gunboards Forums banner

FN model 1922 nazi occupation pistol 7.65

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  me26245 
#1 ·
just got a FN browning patent 1922 7.65 serial number159305 with holster and two clips. pistol has H with a lot of nazie acceptence stamps WaA 140 with eagles with swastic,s, the checkered walnut wood grips are in very good con. blueing 65-70 percent,ex bore. the two clips have a ovel with FN inside with 7.65 below the ovel and WaA140 stamped at the top. the holster is black(can,t find any marks) and is well used but in solid con (no rips or tares). this pistol is a vet bring back, (no import marks). i may get the return papers but i am not holding my breath. i paid 275.00 for it, is that a good price? thanks eastbank.

#6 ·
That's what I've heard....Denny at Empire Arms puts a premium on (H) marked pistols.

#8 · (Edited)
eastbank, Great deal. That holster may be worth the whole price paid depending on the model. Don't make too much of the (H) marking. That is very common. No one knows just what that marking means as no records show just why it was there. Common sense does suggest the Heer (Army) meaning, however, and I agree with that assessment. What is nice is how few 1922 pistols actually carry the WaA140 marked magazines. I'm not sure I've actually seen that stamping on the 1922 magazine but believe they are present. Can you post an image of just the magazine with the stamp? Nice catch. Dan P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.