Gunboards Forums banner

M91 elevation adjustment

718 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  vandeda 
#1 ·
Is there a way to adjust elevation on am M91? Mine at 50 yards (haven't had a chance to take it out further yet) shoots a bit over 6" high! Maybe the "Balkan wedgie" is making it pucker and hit a higher note lol.

#6 ·
I have a bubba shortened barreled 91/30 that is accurate and reliable that I use for hunting with 180gr soft point factory ammo. I altered the front sight by removing the original post, then VERY carefully drilled and tapped a 4-40 set screw and .079 dia piano wire post in it. this allowed me to adjust zero and sight picture to my liking and way over 40 eyes. I wouldn't make this modification to an un-altered rifle. best, john

#10 ·
I guess I was thrown off because all of my 91/30s (with the exception of one wild child with a pretty worn bore) are spot on for elevation at 50/100 yards if I sit the target on top of the post. So the M91 threw me when I was aiming well below the target to hit it at the proper elevation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.