Gunboards Forums banner

1893 Tula M91 restoration

629 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  deoxys987 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a Finnish Capture 1893 Tula M91 on the way, that has its original receiver with the grease hole, and it appears to have a pretty nice bore, that looks to have a slight counterbore. However.. Bubba got to it before i could. The rear sight and sight dovetail are gone, as well as the front sight, and sight dovetail for that as well, and it looks like the bolt got blued. However, i found a person in Louisiana that might be able to properly restore it, using silver solder. Anybody on here have any other ideas how to restore it? I have the proper sight parts coming from Europe, and i ordered off of ebay the last ~6" of a 91/30 barrel that still has that front sight and dovetail on it (was hoping to remove that front sight post, and transfer that to the Tula, and get measurements on the dovetail for my contact in LA. Any other ideas on restoration tips? I dont want to chop this up or anything to that extent. I know it can be saved with the right person and the right amount of cash. For right now i just bought the barreled receiver and the cleaning rod, as I got a fairly good deal on both, I didnt get the stock in the pictures, since its been sanded and refinished and I could find a better example down the road. These are the pictures I have at the moment, I should have better pictures around the end of this week, at the latest early next week. I appreciate the input!

See less See more
#3 ·
The stock is the least of my worries for now, The good thing is since its an 1893, it'd technically be "correct" without a handguard, so the stock should be no big deal. Ebay did however have all the sight parts that i needed and more! Cant wait to see this all fixed up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.