Gunboards Forums banner

Price check for TT-33 Pics added

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  pcke2000 
#1 · (Edited)
What would be the ball park price on a like new no import markings that I can see it is dated 1947 and is all stamped matching even the 1mag but it comes with 2 mags manufacture is Izhevsk. Thanks for any help Chris(gunhead) The gun is Russian

See less See more
#11 ·
A 1941 tt-33 with 2 mismatched mags and a holster just sold on gunbroker for $1,225

Does anyone know the meaning of the marking that's behind the date? It's visible in the 2nd photo in the listing. I've seen it before on another tt-33 (or maybe it was the same pistol and is being sold again now). Almost looks like a date, 1966? 19GS?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/641216064

#15 ·
Please explain,in the case of TT33 ....war time ones, what refurbish means? I know that the box with a line through it indicates "a Russian refurbish" TT33. I have a TT33 that has no box with a line through it but was refurbished by the Polish (no import mark). It has brand new Polish grips on it along with a new barrel and mag. forced matched to the pistol. My point being.......... Other countries,Eastern Block, refurbished Russian pistols too but NO refurbish marks. They were not allowed to put Russian grips back on the pistol.... my understanding?
Joe

#16 ·
Please explain,in the case of TT33 ....war time ones, what refurbish means? I know that the box with a line through it indicates "a Russian refurbish" TT33. I have a TT33 that has no box with a line through it but was refurbished by the Polish (no import mark). It has brand new Polish grips on it along with a new barrel and mag. forced matched to the pistol. My point being.......... Other countries,Eastern Block, refurbished Russian pistols too but NO refurbish marks. They were not allowed to put Russian grips back on the pistol.... my understanding?
Joe
My understanding is that 1st GRAU Arsenal is only one of several TT refurb facilities in Soviet Union, right? I am learning too. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.