Radom P35 local pickup

Thread: Radom P35 local pickup

Default Radom P35 local pickup

Picked this up yesterday, hidden in the back corner of local shops handgun case.
    Paid a little more than I would have liked but the owner did me right on a trade so...

Last edited by Ratman; 05-13-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Just love the look and feel of these pistols.

That's a quality rig.

Very nice Radom! Makes my 3 lever look like a turd, plus you have the capture papers. I am green.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Very nice!
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

FANTASTIC, honest!!!!!

Real nice 3 lever Radom and holster!You never know what you will come across,CONGRATS!

Exceptional example and one of the last with finger relief cuts. I have one near that serial number. Somebody posted a first K block recently, maybe on Jan's, very close serial number with no relief cuts. Great score, papers, holster!

Great find!
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Exceptional example and one of the last with finger relief cuts. I have one near that serial number. Somebody posted a first K block recently, maybe on Jan's, very close serial number with no relief cuts. Great score, papers, holster!
    Thanks, I must admit I'm a bit ignorant on these.
    I don't collect German firearms but do make an exception for occupied ones.
    I knew about the Imperial, captured Imperial, three lever, etc... but had to look up finger relief cuts.

Thanks again for the comment, I learned something and that's something I like doing.

Here's a pic of mine for comparison. It's a later occupation, two lever, and no finger relief cuts.

Extremely nice find with papers.

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    Here's a pic of mine for comparison. It's a later occupation, two lever, and no finger relief cuts.

That makes it easy to spot now.
    Thanks for the pic!

Outstanding!! Impossible to upgrade... I would have paid over 1k

Beautiful Radom! Very, very nice pickup with provenance. Hard to understand families giving up Grandpa's trophy, but at least this went to a person who will protect & cherish it! Two thumbs up! DD

Quote Originally Posted by rpf2697 View Post
    Outstanding!! Impossible to upgrade... I would have paid over 1k
    Thanks, that's good to hear, I'm into it for a little less than that so I guess maybe I was under valuing it.

Only other thing I have learned recently is to NEVER shoot steel-cased 9mm in my Radoms. The chamber is so precise, the steel case "form-fits" to the chamber & they extract poorly on every one. Brass case=never a problem...DD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDave View Post
    Beautiful Radom! Very, very nice pickup with provenance. Hard to understand families giving up Grandpa's trophy, but at least this went to a person who will protect & cherish it! Two thumbs up! DD
    I took the capture paper to have professionally framed using UV blocking acrylic and acid free paper.
    I've wanted one of these for a long time, just never came upon the right one.

This pistol has a good home now that's for sure, and I'm glad the family sold it instead of doing what some do and instead would have had it "cleaned" up or refinished.
    My neighbor has a Luger and K98 that were captures, both were chromed some years back...
    Horrible.

Congrats! Great find and buy, the Capture Paper is a real plus. I would have jumped on that like a bird on a June-bug. Thanks for the "Bring & Brag".

G2

Sweet! An original holster is always a big plus; capture papers even more so. I may have to add a Radom to my gun "bucket list" now.

I desired one for over 40 years and then ended up buying two of them. The first one was an early war slotted for a shoulder stock but re-blued but done very professionally. The second one sat in a pawn shop and was 100 per cent original and sat in a Pawn Shop torturing me for over 3 months before I gave into temptation and bought it. Both guns are outstandingly accurate. J.B. Wood the Gunsmith warns that the recoil operating two piece rods are prone to break so I shoot my guns will low power cast loads and do it only occasionally. I bought a repo pancake holster for the re-blued one. It more or less came with the gun for few dollars more so I could not pass the holster up as it was cheap enough.

The Radom certainly was one of the outstanding handguns of WWII, it rates only slightly behind the FN High Power the most coveted pistol of WWII in both Pacific and European Theaters. After 60 some years I finally bought an original FN High Power with the internal extractor complete with holster and two matching clips. It was made about 1950 and was made for the German Police. As to be expected quality was superb and accuracy outstanding, no modern castings, stamped sheet metal or plasticky parts. Truly an old fashioned quality gun that will never be made again.

It looks like a very nice type 2 Radom.

Excellent Score , and I'm Glad it went to the Right Person . I like the Idea of framing the papers with special filter ,I will do the same if ever so lucky.
    Congrats

wink2 Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Picked this up yesterday, hidden in the back corner of local shops handgun case.Paid a little more than I would have liked but the owner did me right on a trade so...
    Great Gun Congrads!With papers and holster - Sweet!!I need a holster....

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    What are finger relief cuts?

Thanks, THBailey
    THBailey
    As Wil Rogers once said, "Everyone is ignorant, just on different subjects."

Picked this up yesterday, hidden in the back corner of local shops handgun case.
    Paid a little more than I would have liked but the owner did me right on a trade so...
    Very nice. I have almost sibling to yours K.5644 but with more turbulent history - it went to Russia and back to Germany after 1990.

75 years after WWII end and I still have to disarm Germans one gun auction at the time. ;-)

Really hard to beat the condition. Great score!

Quote Originally Posted by THBailey View Post
    What are finger relief cuts?

Thanks, THBailey
    Like on a 1911A1 vs 1911. In the case of the Radom they eliminated the cuts to simplify production.

Nice piece with very hard to find holster and capture papers.

Quote Originally Posted by glassmountains View Post
    Like on a 1911A1 vs 1911. In the case of the Radom they eliminated the cuts to simplify production.

Nice piece with very hard to find holster and capture papers.
    Thanks much.
    THBailey
    As Wil Rogers once said, "Everyone is ignorant, just on different subjects."

I had a similar Radom back in the early 60's, similar that it had the decocker and take down lever, but in very worn condition, bluing about gone and someone had replaced the grips with what looked like plexiglass and to make it "Brighter" had put aluminum foil under the grips. It also had German acceptance markings, but it fired just fine. I went into the Army and left it at home in New Jersey. After I got out of the hospital after my first tour in Vietnam, I was getting ready to go back to Vietnam and would have taken the Radom IF I could have found another magazine as I only had one. New Jersey had recently started some draconian gun laws and did not want it to be a problem for my parents so went over to Service Armaments (Navy Arms) and sold it to them for the magnificent price of $13! Another gun I wish I still had. Thanks for posting the photos as that gun and holster are magnificent. John

Back around 83 I had finally acquired one of each basic variation. Polish Eagle, 3 lever and 2 lever. Had to sell them years later. Sure wish I still had them. The Polish Eagle was hard back then. It took me 6 years of gun shows to find one at the Dallas Arms Collectors show for 400.00.

A 3 lever in that condition with a holster and capture papers? I don't know what you paid, but I can assure you it was not too much!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    GCA MEMBER

There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will.
    - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
    A 3 lever in that condition with a holster and capture papers? I don't know what you paid, but I can assure you it was not too much!
    It seems I may have underestimated the value of the holster and papers.

very nice....I think you indicated you in it for less than 1k? you stole it ! easily it would resell for the 2k range! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
    Sam

Picked up my custom frame job today.
    UV acrylic and acid free matting.

That's a really nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    That's a really nice touch.
    It was $40 at a local Michaels craft store.
    What was interesting was that the lady doing the framing knows the son of the gi on the certificate from back in high school.
    And also interesting was that she has made deep custom frames for multiple handguns and a rifle.
    To be honest I was kinda surprised that she was so interested in hearing about what I was having framed, to the point that she called over one of her coworkers.

She helped me pick the colors which I was grateful for and saved me $40 by suggesting I use one of the frames for sale on the floor that were 50% off instead of having one made.

I have some Russian "war bonds" and some other things like that I might take in and see what kind of display she can make up.

It was $40 at a local Michaels craft store.
    What was interesting was that the lady doing the framing knows the son of the gi on the certificate from back in high school.
    And also interesting was that she has made deep custom frames for multiple handguns and a rifle.
    To be honest I was kinda surprised that she was so interested in hearing about what I was having framed, to the point that she called over one of her coworkers.

She helped me pick the colors which I was grateful for and saved me $40 by suggesting I use one of the frames for sale on the floor that were 50% off instead of having one made.

I have some Russian "war bonds" and some other things like that I might take in and see what kind of display she can make up.
    That's great to hear.