I'm looking forward to this...'6 Days,' movie about the 1980 London embassy siege

Thread: I'm looking forward to this...'6 Days,' movie about the 1980 London embassy siege

Default I'm looking forward to this...'6 Days,' movie about the 1980 London embassy siege

Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLJhJgDwI8

This looks good, even if the negotiator comes off as heavily conflicted and wearied. Hopefully they do this operation justice by portraying the 22nd SAS as professionals and not hot-shot cowboys, a la Hollywood.

Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

On top of the world, looking down on creation

I've got an old book somewhere that has a section on the raid that breaks down of the assault by time, floor of the embassy, and room with identification of the weapons used.

I need to find mine. There's at least two books I know of dedicated to just that operation.
    "We thought about it for a long time, 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union." Lone Watie

The comments I've heard of Margaret Thatcher's 'debrief' of the op are hilarious. That woman was solid.
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Poot View Post
    The comments I've heard of Margaret Thatcher's 'debrief' of the op are hilarious. That woman was solid.
    Pat
    That was a solid woman indeed. Not being a Brit, I liked her and remember vividly the incident. I call these events 'incidents' because we all know who will be shot, wounded or taken prisoner from the first minute on. Of course we will always need those men that can turn themselves into "hunting mode".