Thread: Armory USA Bulgarian AK 74...

Default Armory USA Bulgarian AK 74...

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on this 5.45x39 rifle. It is built on an Armory USA, Houston Tx receiver. The Bulgarian kit seemed like a good one..serial numbers match on trunion, bolt and receiver cover. The stock is a synthetic side folder..folds to the left. The handguards are wood. Was there a Model # for these? I can't find one other than AUSA above the SN# A 47XX. It is like new..any clues as to value? I do see something similar on Atlantic Firearms site..but not with the wood handguards.

Correction..the stock is a metal sidefolder..the muzzle brake is ths "zig zag" version...the AK is really in military configuration.

vladimir Guest

750.00 dollars plus what you want to panic price it . The zig zag break is slightly harder to find .I had 2 on the 4 kits I had .I sold one kit built on a OOW for 650.00 I think over a year and a half ago ,before the barrel ban was inforce and kit prices skyrocketed.

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...m=on&ppinc=big
    Last edited by vladimir; 11-22-2008 at 04:09 PM.

A number of builders and individuals have built rifles on the Bulgarian AK-74 kits.
    A popular receiver was the Arsenal/Global Trades, which until the NoDak receivers came along, were considered to be the best receivers.
    Since most builders, companies or individuals usually didn't stamp their name on the build, there's no way to know just who built it.

One of the better builders is Ohio Rapid Fire. They build really nice kits with wood, polymer, and/or Bulgarian folder stocks.
    They also built rifles for other sellers. I 'Think" Atlantic had ORF make the AK-74's they sold.
    They build their kits on brand new/ all matching Bulgarian de-milled rifles.
    Quality is very good.

ORF rifles.
    http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...0.12341*kU8qh8

I am also impressed with the quality of this one..evidently the kits they used were like new.http://www.ak-47.us/AK47_Manufacturers.php#gt

i bought one of those o.r.f bulgarian ak74s..its got the armory rec...im in love with this rifle....i paid 650.oo plus 18.00 shipping and 35.00 for the transfer.funcution has been flawless in the first thousand rounds

they have one up at the local store ..armory usa rec for 550.00

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    they have one up at the local store ..armory usa rec for 550.00

If it is a Bulgarian and a side folder for that price it is at least $300 under retail. Better buy it. Or you may be mis identfying the rifle.

full stock plastic plum

Still not a bad buy. If you're looking for a 5.45 gun, I'd buy it.

Hell, I'm not looking for another 5.45, but I'd probably buy that one.

Saleen

another caliber to buy for and mags arn't as plentifull as the 7.62

They are at my house! :D

PM me the contact information for that shop and I'll follow up on it.

Saleen