Gunboards Forums banner

FN-49 Collection

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  capt14k 
G
#1 ·
I want to thank those on this board who answered my WTB ads and helped me put together my FN-49 Collection. I especially want to thank Goose for his book and advice.

I would like to share a group shot of my FN-49 collection to date. All rifles are 100% matching including my latest Egyptian 3 Sling Swivel which also has a matching stock and original stock disc. I still need a Lux High Number with matching stock as well as a Lux and Colombian Bayonet to complete my main collection.

I would like a true Lux Sniper, but for now I will settle for an AL marked Scope which is on its way. One day I hope to add the ones not usually found in the states. I think I have the best shot at getting a Belgian.

If anyone has any of the items I seek please don't hesitate shooting me a PM. Also if you own a Colombian and haven't responded to the Colombian Mini Survey please do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice! :thumbsup:

#10 ·
For those of us who are less well versed in FN 49s could you describe what the pictures shows?

I see an argentine 7.62 conversion, Egyptian, what I think to be Venezuelan and what I assume to be a Luxembourg rifle, but the others I do not know.

Very nice collection.

G
#12 ·
Thank you and to everyone else for the compliments.

From Top to Bottom All Matching (Barrel, Receiver, Receiver Cover, Bolt, and Bolt Carrier):

Argentine Conversion with 20 Round Detachable Mag but Blocked to 15 (stupid NJ). All other contracts have 10 Round Stationary Mags.

Argentine Bayonet, Scabbard, and Frog

Venezuelan Low Number no markings on stock which is correct.

Century Eagle of Saladin Fake Sniper with Belgian Stock with Cheek Rest. With Echo Military Mount and Russian Scope.

Egyptian 3 Sling Swivel with Matching Stock in addition to other matching parts. With Original Stock Disc

Egyptian Bayonet and Scabbard

Luxembourg Low Number with Non Numbered Stock which is correct.

Colombian

Venezuelan High Number with Stock Cartouches

Venezuelan Bayonet and Scabbard

FN-49 Books by

Stevens

Johnson (Goose52)

Belgian Oip Scope with Echo Military Mount, Sunshade, and Lens Cover in Original Wood Box.

G
#14 ·
It's getting there. I had another Lux and Colombian, but sold them because they weren't 100% correct. Excited to get the Lux Scopes. Just need to find another Echo Military mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.