Value on Bulgarian Mak with no import marks?

Thread: Value on Bulgarian Mak with no import marks?

Default Value on Bulgarian Mak with no import marks?

A local gentleman has a 1993 date code Bulgarian Makarov, new condition in original box with two matched mags. This pistol and a 1953 dated Russian Tokarev, also with no import marks or added safety, were acquired by him from the estate of someone who supposedly brought them back from Yemen. He received a handwritten note from the previous owner identifying both pistols by serial number that states they were sourced in that country, probably in the mid nineties. The current owner states the family were reluctant to get into details on how they got back and only provided the above info after repeated inquiries.

What value would a pistol like this have? He seems to think it is on par price wise with a NIM Russian PM (around $725.00).

Any thoughts or info appreciated.
    Mike

I sold a non-import marked Bulgarian last year with an Iraqi marked holster for $450. It seems the flood of imported Bulgarians are keeping the non-import marked ones really cheap. I would guess the one you describe is probably valued at $400-$450, and then only to a guy who collects "bringbacks". Here's my WTS thread: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...marked-holster
    OIF Camp Syverson Balad, Iraq 05-06

Of more value is the 1953 dated TT-33. Scarce date. However, watch out for copies made locally. Cheers, ABTOMAT

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. That was my thoughts as well. I'm still waiting to see the Tokarev. I already have one of those clone TT-33's so I hope this one is real!