grease cookies

Thread: grease cookies

Default grease cookies

i know they are used with 577/450 cartridges. i can't find if they are used with 577, SNIDER cartridges. any help?

Under the big sky, in the shadow of the Sweetgrass Hills

Quote Originally Posted by toot View Post
    i know they are used with 577/450 cartridges. i can't find if they are used with 577, SNIDER cartridges. any help?
    Have you asked over on British Militaria Snider board? Those guys will know.
    Douglas

"And don't forget. That isn't your Martini you have. It belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone. Look after it, and pass it on with pride. It deserves it." Malcolm Cobb, The Martini Henry Note-book
    To find things Martini go to: WWW.MartiniHenry.com

DoubleD, i could not find the BRITISH MILITARIA SNIDER BOARD site, but I posted on the site- WEAPONS OF THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH. is that the site you meant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by toot View Post
    Original .577 military cartridges did not have one. The bullets had a layer of pure beeswax filling the grooves but also a thin coating over the entire bullet from base to the shoulder. Historical documents indicate this worked extremely well with accuracy not falling off after, literally, hundreds of rounds. I've found that to be the case with my own reloads made as close to original specs as I can make them (but with drawn brass cases, of course). Shame there isn't more Snider talk on Gunboards- doesn't seem to fit in any particular forum here. Could the Martini forum not be mildly expanded to deal with Sniders?

Ruprecht

RUPRECHT, wow! thanks for getting back to my querrie. you are rite you cant get any thing going on them. I have posted on the M. H. site and WEAPONS OF THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH and the RELOADING SITE and the same as you say, no interest I guess.

Ontario's Near North, near Algonquin Park.

Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!

ENGLISHMAN-ca, thanks, got it. went to join the site and a warning in red came up saying that this is an unsecured site. so I think I will heed NORTON ANTI VIRUS'S warning.