1925 Tula Ammunition Value/Rarity?

Thread: 1925 Tula Ammunition Value/Rarity?

Default 1925 Tula Ammunition Value/Rarity?

I don't see ammunition like this very often, but I came across this at a yard sale for $8 yesterday. Figured it would be worth at least that much, but I wasn't sure. They had more in boxes, but the tips of the bullets were cut off of all the others, this is the only clip that was survived as is. So, I know this stuff isn't all too common anymore, but just how uncommon is it?

Quote Originally Posted by La_Mer View Post
    They had more in boxes, but the tips of the bullets were cut off of all the others,
    I bought some French 8mm Lebel that the German company that bought and sold it did the exact same thing to the bullet tips. Might be from them. I heard it was to try to sell it as "hunting ammo?"

Cool find La_Mer and great for any display. I'm not an ammo collector so I cant say how rare but I do know I hardy see any '25 Tula ammo. Any stampings on the stripper clips? Denny

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Cool find La_Mer and great for any display. I'm not an ammo collector so I cant say how rare but I do know I hardy see any '25 Tula ammo. Any stampings on the stripper clips? Denny
    I thought so too! And none at all, which kind of puzzled me. Seems to be original to the packaging though, it came from a wedge shaped box like most stripper clip packaged 54r. I should probably go back and buy the rest even though they have been modified. In the very least, the casings would be worth it.

I'm not sure at what exact date the ammo was packaged in the wedge shaped boxes, but it looks like at least in the 20's. a link to a site by member and author Ratnik on pouches.https://sovietarmorer.wordpress.com/...hes-evolution/

Attachment 2241466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ratnik.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	315.2 KB 
ID:	2241474