Wow Finnish Bayonet Prices Exploded

Thread: Wow Finnish Bayonet Prices Exploded

Default Wow Finnish Bayonet Prices Exploded

Glad I held on to some.

M/28 with Tubular Rivets $337
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/222508065128

This one is insane Fiskars M/28-30-35 $990
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/222508054753

Wonder what that makes my Fiskars M/28-30-35 with SA Stamp and AV3 37 Green Frog worth?

Or my Hackman M/28-30 No Hole with Åström Frog?

I was about to list them for sale. I think I need to rethink prices.

Have bayonet prices rebounded and surpassed the rifles again?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You missed the M39 bayonet that sold over $1,000

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Mosin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by willyj73 View Post
    You missed the M39 bayonet that sold over $1,000

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Got one of them to sell too. I guess prices have had a bounce. Also a Tubular M/29 and original M/27 I was going to list. Definitely need to do some more research.

Last edited by capt14k; 05-19-2017 at 04:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Mine are my favorite bayos thanks to the Capt. That one on Ebay looks like someone ****** up the edge geometry by BuBa sharpening. Is that like the one I have on my 28/30 Capt? Those have a REAL nice blade edge geometry unlike any knife or bayonet I've seen. Makes for a very handsome blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    Mine are my favorite bayos thanks to the Capt. That one on Ebay looks like someone ****** up the edge geometry by BuBa sharpening. Is that like the one I have on my 28/30 Capt? Those have a REAL nice blade edge geometry unlike any knife or bayonet I've seen. Makes for a very handsome blade.

I forget if you have a 28/30 or 28/30-35 I have to check or shoot me a pic.

Didn't realize Alsky started a thread on this one. Also A M/39 Sold for $1425.

The M/28-30 and M/28-30-35 are a whole lot more rare than the M/39. Rare M/39 is a myth in comparison to Finnish Bayonets. Yes 10,000 is low compared to German K98k Bayonets but the M/39 is the third most common Finnish Bayonet. Only the M/28 and M/29 are more common.

The one that sold for $990 doesn't have a great edge and was polished to the point of losing the Y in Sk.Y. Not the best example. Good catch Monte. The edge should be sharpened and the tip, but that one has a worn edge. Yours is much nicer Monte.

Capt:

Just curious...why are you selling your Finn bayonets? Seems like over the last year or two you built up a very nice and very comprehensive collection. Seems a shame to sell but if you do, best of luck on attracting some of the deep pockets!
    Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

Does it matter if it's a Fiskars or a Hackman made Bayonet? I have both and have had that question for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard in NY* View Post
    Capt:

Just curious...why are you selling your Finn bayonets? Seems like over the last year or two you built up a very nice and very comprehensive collection. Seems a shame to sell but if you do, best of luck on attracting some of the deep pockets!
    I have too many of them. I'm keeping at least one of each example plus all my oddball and trials bayonets. Basically I am just selling off the extras. Many of them were bought for research. I've taken many pictures of all of them, weighed and measured all of them. Used a micrometer for thickness and width of the blades, cross guards, and grips. I even had some of them x-rayed. I will be keeping about 2/3 of them and selling the other third.

I'll take pics when I get home so ya'll can see. These and the Swiss are kings for my taste in sharp steel.

Does it matter if it's a Fiskars or a Hackman made Bayonet? I have both and have had that question for a while.

Fiskars is more rare and thus more valuable when you are talking M/28-30-35.

Fiskars never made a M/28-30 style blade.

A Hackman M/28-30 No Hole would be more valuable than all of them.

Those are it. All I need is 3 bayonets for my beloved M39's and one for my M28/76.

IIRC correctly and based on the pics Monte you have a Hackman M/28, Hackman M/28-30-35 with AV3 Frog, and Fiskars M/35 with what I thought was a homemade Finnish Frog, but now I have observed 3 of them all that look the same. I am starting to think they were made by the same leather worker. Maybe sourced by the Lotta Savard? I did read they helped to obtain Frogs from all over?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The rest except for the Swiss are just uncivilized. Lol

The 35 and 28/30-35 have the same edge geometry with the 35 being in brand new shape. Te M35 is for the M27 right?

The 35 and 28/30-35 have the same edge geometry with the 35 being in brand new shape. Te M35 is for the M27 right?

Correct. The Civil Guard M/28-30-35 and Army M/35 have basically the same edge. The Fiskars and Hackman point is slightly different and Fiskars actually has two different types of points. However for the most part the 35 style blade is the same with the more refined blade and sharper point. The big difference is the Army M/35 is blued and the Civil Guard Bayonets blades are in the White. The M/28-30 series also has Sk.Y Marked on the Ricasso. When I say Army M/35 bayonet is blued literally the entire bayonet was dipped in bluing grips and all. Whereas the Civil Guard M/28-30 series bayonets has some of the nicest grips of any bayonet ever made. Lastly the oil hole was started with the M/28-30 bayonets. Early ones have no oil hole and are extremely rare. Later M/28-30, all M/28-30-35, and all M/35 bayonets have an oil hole.

Yes the M/35 was issued for the M/27. However all the Finnish Sword or Austrian Style Bayonets as they are referred to in the literature will fit all the rifles M/27, M/28, M/28-30, and M/39.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

man i got rid of mine to soon. didn't get a 1/10th of what these sold for but they went to collector's here so i don't feel the least bit sad and i now they went to good homes of people that wouldn't mess them up by buffing or sharping them. we can only hope the ones sold on Ebay get taken care of the same way.
    "Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession."

-George Washington 1732-1799

I keep all my bayonets in the top of one safe and they rarely see a rifle or the light of day as I have yet to find out how to shoot them? The only place to buy bayonets are a flea market or a yard sale as other prices have gone sky high on them. Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!