Thread: Czech mauser vz24 sniper scope mounts?

Default Czech mauser vz24 sniper scope mounts?

Just picked up a decent czech vz24 sniper. Rifle has the bases but I'm in need of a repro mount/ring setup. I know that at one time IO sold such a thing. Anybody know who has them now? Gonna call IO in the morning and see if they have any left. Any help anyone can give would be great. I'll post some photos of the rifle later once I get it cleaned up.
    Ranger-1
    Last edited by Ranger-1; 11-23-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: header

Question

Bought a VZ-24 from GB that had a nice PE scope on it. Took a Helois 8 off another rifle and replaced the PE with it. I've been looking for a mount for a while so now have 2 Vz-24s, but only one mount. Keep us posted if you find one somewhere...
    "I must hurry, for there they go, and I am their leader!" Ghandi

Default vz24 scope mounts

Just got off the phone with "IO". I asked about the mounts w/rings that they carried some time ago for the Czech vz24 snipers. They told me they do not have any in stock and do not expect to see any for an extended period of time. So...It's back to the drawing board. I saw them at one period of time on ebay but could not find anything last night. Will try again.

Guys, if you have an extra or know where one is please send me PM or email. I'd like to put this ol' dog back together and see how it shoots...Keep me advised. Ranger-1

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-1 View Post
    Just got off the phone with "IO". I asked about the mounts w/rings that they carried some time ago for the Czech vz24 snipers. They told me they do not have any in stock and do not expect to see any for an extended period of time. So...It's back to the drawing board. I saw them at one period of time on ebay but could not find anything last night. Will try again.

Guys, if you have an extra or know where one is please send me PM or email. I'd like to put this ol' dog back together and see how it shoots...Keep me advised. Ranger-1
    Try posting on the WTB Board...

Default mount

I did...Hope one turns up.

Default Try Sarco

Just off the top of my head try Sarco in New Jersey for the mounts. They have a web page.

Default Sarco

Checked their website. No listing for such...Damn it!

I know that several members of this forum have these snipers with either the bases but no mounts or missing the entire mount setup, so here are some thoughts.

Sometimes companies like Sarco, Numrich/Gun Parts, etc. have single items or very low quantities of things they don't list on their websites, ads, or catalogs, so you might give them a call and see if they can help.

Also, Robert Speilauer in Austria, who sometimes lists things under the make "98k" on Ebay, might be able to help. I know he makes some top-quality reproductions of various vintage mounts as well as replacement parts for them. I seem to vaguely recall him offering mounts for these VZ24 snipers, and if he doesn't, maybe he would be willing to make some. Worth a try, anyhow.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    If reproductin exampes of these mounts are completely unavailable (and we all know how scarce and costly an original would be), I wonder if someone like Feldscher or Igor who has experience with having vintage sniper mounts reproduced could have some of these made up, if someone with a real or replica mount for one of these VZ 24 snipers could supply him with the correct dimensions or loan one for a pattern?
    Marcus, I'd be willing to let one of the guys use my original mount to make some up; just have them contact me...Don't know about the bases, though, they look tough to remove...

Lightbulb

Double post for some reason; please remove...
    Last edited by DaWoof; 11-26-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Double post...

Default mounts

I saw that GUN PARTS has the bases listed on their website...Like $179 I think. Would be great if we could someone to reproduce the mounts from an original...I'm in for one. Ranger-1

Default Updates?

Any new information on the mounts/ring set guys? Somebody's gotta have one hidden somewhere...

Scope mounts for the VZ-24 . Go to " B-Square.com " . They are in the USA. The mauser scope mounts
    fit the German K-98, Czech VZ -24, and a Yugo 24/47. Without the need of a gunsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-1 View Post
    Just picked up a decent czech vz24 sniper. Rifle has the bases but I'm in need of a repro mount/ring setup. I know that at one time IO sold such a thing. Anybody know who has them now? Gonna call IO in the morning and see if they have any left. Any help anyone can give would be great. I'll post some photos of the rifle later once I get it cleaned up.
    Ranger-1
    Check with Robert Spielauer

Has anyone found a source for the repo mounts?

Are we talking about the Romanian contract VZs? If so, they are super hard to come by. And expect to pay several hundred dollars even for a repro. I have been keeping my eyes open for a couple years for one of them and havent found one. I've seen one on gunbroker maybe once in the last 2-3 years but didn't have the spare cabbage and now kick myself whenever I have that particular rifle out of the case. I'm really hoping somebody would start re-popping these things again because there seems like there is plenty of these rifles out there and only a handful of mounts.
    The men of steel, these men of power,
    Are losing control by the hour.

try bill battleman at P A Distributing phone 240-602-8989

Thanks!

I was able to pick one up from a fellow GB member and was able to outfit my Vz24 "sniper". Thanks again guys for all the leads...May buy another as these are hard to find..

Ranger-1

Ive got two that I need the turret style claw mounts for. Now only if some of those were floating around.

Question- Marcus why do you regularly post replies then come back later and delete or remove your posting. Whats the deal with that. If you don't want anyone to see what you post then why post it in the first place?
    Owner/Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=228613194

from the dead. someone makes the whole setup new in Czech Republic

And they charge a pretty penny for them, too!

Also, keep in mind that live auction links are not allowed here.

John

I'd probably be willing to trade a spare mount for a decent VZ24 sniper with the bases.

Did you know there are variations of the mount?

Default CZ24 rings & mounts

There is a gentleman who lives outside of Memphis,Tn who was making them as late as 2007.I had his cell phone number,but where he lived didn't have service then,and you had to catch him when he went to town.I never could.I SOLD THE RIFLE AND FORGOT ABOUT HIM,untill ,Ipicked up another one w/bases at a show in morgantown,WVA sunday 11/11/12 .Anyone know of him? Ineed rings now! CC