Default Mondragon Rifle Spade Bayonet

Any bayonet collectors out there know what the rarity and value of one of the Mondragon Rifle Spade Bayonets might be. I have searched the internet and can't find any sales for the bayonets listed. The last listing I can find is on two rifles and they sold for about $27,000 each at a auction house in N.H. in 2007 or 2008. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 1943mlm View Post
    Any bayonet collectors out there know what the rarity and value of one of the Mondragon Rifle Spade Bayonets might be. I have searched the internet and can't find any sales for the bayonets listed. The last listing I can find is on two rifles and they sold for about $27,000 each at a auction house in N.H. in 2007 or 2008. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Mike

Mike,
    I told you what the last one sold on fleabay went for when I ID'd the bayonet for you on Sunday. Not too many have been sold since.

Len
    ..of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants. -Alexander Hamilton , The Federalist Papers

Quote Originally Posted by 1943mlm View Post
    Mike

Both the Mondragons at Julia's were without bayonets. Both were "Air Service" rifles and command a much higher price. One was in 7mm Mauser and had the 30 round magazine, the other was a Swiss version in 7.5 Swiss and had a matching 10 magazine. The bayonets are rarer than the guns and the traditional bayonet with quillon is rarer still. In fact there is only one that is known.