Enfield sniper scope pad screw size or source?

Thread: Enfield sniper scope pad screw size or source?

Default Enfield sniper scope pad screw size or source?

Acquired a true Enfield No4 Mk1 T but missing front scope pad, the one with 3 screws. I acquire a repro but would love to get an original. The screws that came with are stainless and look very wrong. I am searching for 3 replacements in blued steel. Any info on size (3mm?) or source in a blued version would be great.

An original pad is problematic. I guess one could be found. As for screws BA (British Administration) screws are what you need. MM screws won't work. I did this a few years ago and I had screws custom made but for the life of me I can't remember where I got them. There is a guy who makes custom screws and he is quite good. Also you can google British Adminstration screws and fasteners. They sell all kinds of BA screw sizes and taps. Length might be a problem but a competent gunsmith should be able to shorten them and make them fit perfectly because if they are too long they block the bolt from closing. If I can come up with the custom screw guy's name I will get it to you. Only BA screws work properly. Can't force the other sizes and get them to work properly.

Found it. Guy's name is Steve Stonehill. Email him and tell him what you are looking for. Not cheap but very good and very precise. http://www.customscrewsandmore.com/default.html