Gunboards Forums banner

Extended floorplates for Tokarev Magazines

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  droopy 
#1 · (Edited)
Is there a source for extended floorplates for the tokarev mags. Just looking for comfort with the short grip, not additional capacity. Actually the backside of the mag is the most uncomfortable place for me. The edge of the mag digs into my hand.

#3 · (Edited)
Don't know of a source, have one on my original Tok mag though. You might look for some of the fat grips, but I don't know of a souce for those either. Or maybe slip on a Hogue?

... Update ... just looking at Gunbroker, and there are 2 9mm mags for sale "with finger-rest". These are the narrow mags for 9mm only, not 7.62x25 . G'luck.

#5 ·
Interesting idea.

Would be easy to make. Plastic or solid aluminum.

#12 ·
Actually, I whipped the thing together yesterday after work.

No tease, just that I actually have thought of the same thing for a while and needed a shove off the fence and this thread did it. If you make one, remember to put a countersunk disassembly hole in the thing right over the retention slot in the base plate. I merely drilled two holes; one wide inside and continuing on with a small hole so I can get an awl in to depress the mag spring to allow disassembly. Otherwise once you assemble the mag, that's it, you can't disassemble.

The other concept I wanted to explore was a thicker mag base as seating the Tok mag with gloves on is a "sometimes" thing. I have gotten so I tap the mag three times when I seat them as they need a bit of extra Ooomph to engage the mag catch. I've adjusted the notches in the mags a bit already and will allow for wear-in. Some psare mags I've bought would not engage my Pole at all when I first got them. Interestingly, all those set up for my Pole fit my Romanian.

#13 ·
final version

Here it is trimmed down to allow easier withdrawl of the spare mag from the mag pouch on my holster.

Sorry for the lousy picture. It was blowing and foggy this morning at the top of the mountain on the hike, and I think the lense frosted over.

#15 ·
try buymilsurp.com

i found some at http://www.buymilsurp.com they fit the 7.62 magazine.

They have a round hole in the bottom center and so will not engage the small tab on the bottom plate of the mag.

What i did was flip the plate over and just slid the extender on that way. It stays on well, but there is nothing really holding it there except for the tension on the mag spring.

I think the extender (combined with a houge slip on grip) is a vast improvement comfort-wise. I recommend it highly for the ham-fisted.

get one and try it out to see if it works for you, then you can order more. i had no problems ordering or receiving the parts from that site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.