Thread: Gun powder

Thumbs down Gun powder

Today one of my boys came in from Wal-Mart with a 1 pound can of gun powder and a box of bullets he said the powder was $27 and the bullets where $35 i have never seen the price so high when is this crap going to STOP!
    1 EYE

Quote Originally Posted by 1 EYE View Post
    Today one of my boys came in from Wal-Mart with a 1 pound can of gun powder and a box of bullets he said the powder was $27 and the bullets where $35 i have never seen the price so high when is this crap going to STOP!
    WalMart sells GUNPOWDER?????

Wal-Mart sells BULLETS?????
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

Wal-Mart sells BOTH??????

Was Not the W_Mart here for sure - where was it at ?

oh yeah? I have been looking for winchester large rifle primers, and found some at bass pro shop, $59.99 per k!!!!

Boy oh boy $60. Only if McCain could have inspired more voters!

Tribrothers

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C. View Post
    oh yeah? I have been looking for winchester large rifle primers, and found some at bass pro shop, $59.99 per k!!!!
    Tell them you will sell them fresh WLRP for $40.00K and get a purchase order then order 30K from Powder Valley at $115 per 5K.
    You will spend $690 plus $40.00 haz/ship and get $1,200.00.

They should be delighted if they actually get $60K at a normal mark up but I am guessing they will decline because they are likely paying $30.00K total delivered for their WLRP and ripping people off while they thank Allah for Obama's windfall profit.

Wulfmann
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon if only to prevent tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson; constitutional debates

I noticed bass Pro was higher on primers the other day...but the powder they sell was the same as other shops in the area.
    Next SHOOT?

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=11325

Join the Southern Wisconsin, Northern Illinois target shooters.

Default Look at the bright side!!!

Gas prices have been cut in half. Just look at it as a transfer of expense from gas to reloading stuff. I fill up once a week on gas, but I only buy reloading stuff every 3-4 months. I'll take cheap gas over cheap reloading components any day!!!
    Last edited by texaggie77; 11-28-2008 at 10:04 PM.

I'm buying powder 4 pounds at a time,and it beaks down to about $16.00 per pound.

Winchester and CCI primers, both large and small pistol, are running about $25.00 per 5,000.

By and large, I find that stores that don't cater to reloaders or shooters tend to be really high.

Im in Utah and have been buying Guns and reloading stuff from Wal-mart for about 20 years. I was thinking that all wal-mart stores had this stuff.
    1 EYE

My local Wally's carries long guns and ammo, and both Pyrodex and Triple Seven BP powders and ML primer caps - but NO reloading components at all.
    Luckily, we have a new Sportsman's Warehouse that does carry what I need.

wish our walmart had this stuff..but then theyd most likely charge some outragous price..like the 3 gunshops we have,,wish they had some competition....i swear thier all in cahoots here