Gunboards Forums banner

Price Check - Crate of Hex's

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Abulg1972 
#1 ·
These have been laying around for a while. Crate of hex's with usual accessories. Ugly PW Arms billboard import stamp. Only 2 or 3 have ever been fondled. Opinions needed on value as crated - I am not going to go through them !!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ugly PW Arms billboard import stamp.
To me that's the key word. I personally wouldn't put additional value on them, but again, I do not collect three-line rifles.

All my hexes live in Texas...;)

#3 ·
I would say you have about 5000.00 dollars worth of rifles there if you sold them one at a time.To me there are worth less by the case full.I mean I assume you got them cheaper by buying them buy the case,right.I think if you priced the whole case for 4 grand someone would drive to your house to get them.

#10 ·
The fact that it's a crate does not add value. In fact, people want crates because they expect a price cut due to the quantity.

So your choices are this.. either sell to a store(and get hosed, and knowing what a haggler you are Rick, that's never going to happen lol) or sell them one at a time yourself for max value.

$225-250 per rifle sounds about right.

#12 ·
Pull them out and find out what you got...then you might get a bit more than $250 per rifle. No reason not to.

Since crate buying of Mosins never caught on and few will ever buy a crate, you can hold the hope a crate buyer pops up or sell them individually.

C&R Lic holders have parameters and volume selling of 20 rifles can be a flag to an ATF agent. There is a fine line that once crossed labels you as using a C&R for FFL purposes. Everytime one renews his C&R, they want to know how many rifles you sold ..

#21 ·
Guys,

All proposals for buy/sell need to happen on the Trader.

#23 ·
You should really find out what you got first.. You can't just glance them down and say "it's a crate of mosins" because there might be something odd in there, you never know.

The billboard does suck though.. Fortunately, these are being imported once again and are a bit cheaper than just a few months ago :)

Nothing like the mass importation of the old days though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.