Any rich guys win this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any rich guys win this?

Default Any rich guys win this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/652924087

I've never even seen one in person before.

Not surprised at all. I have seen them sell for very handsome amounts.

Wow, didn't know they went for that much.....maybe time to sell some of my M39's!
    "You mean to say you don't know me? I'm Antti Rokka. A farmer from the Isthmus. At the moment I sell bullets."

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

That's a bit over 3 times what I paid for mine a couple years ago, guess I should be happy its turned into such a nice investment although Gunbroker is a bad price guide typically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    Wow, didn't know they went for that much.....maybe time to sell some of my M39's!
    Tikka M39 brings good money. Chased a couple but they got too high for me.

They have gone that high only in the last couple or three years. I sold my minty one less than three years ago on Gunbroker and it brought something like $550 after running for several cycles with no bids.

I guess it's about time for the fake stamp makers to whip up some Tika stamps..

Man that hits me in the soft spot! Beautiful but pricey.
    "You'd know what it is if you needed one!"

Kudos for Bones, it is a nice rifle!

I believe I will put up my Tikka.....

Pahtu.

Gray carpet. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pahtu View Post
    Kudos for Bones!
    THAT'S why the name was familiar! I bought a Finned PTG from him here on the Trader a while ago so saw real name.

Kudos for Bones, it is a nice rifle
    Nice to know who that seller is, I've been following some of his recent auctions but was wary because of the "other" Hamilton from NC that I'm sure most of you remember. I won't worry now.

Guys, that particular model of 39 has been bringing significant dollars for the past couple of years. Couple of significant collectors have sold theirs in the past and received 4 figures for them.

I was following it, but too rich to bid, consider for us Canadians, the export/import costs would have made it a $2K rifle.

I'm not sure I consider these a "model" of M39. In my view, they are a depot-assembled rifle made from an M91. I've seen a couple US-made Mosins converted to M39's as well, that I would consider to be the same scenario as these Tikkas. One guy posted a Remington here a few weeks ago, it was sweet.

It would not surprise me to see some Imperial M91 barrels turn up installed on M39's. MANY MANY people who bought these mosins over a decade ago when they weren't collectible have all kinds of wonky stuff that doesn't get posted online because they aren't into internet gun sites.

I'm pretty sure Tikka never made M39's or M39 barrels, just M91 barrels shortened by the Finnish Army armorers - maybe as a make work project.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    II'm not sure I consider these a "model" of M39. In my view, they are a depot-assembled rifle made from an M91.
    Yeah, to me these aren't fundamentally different than "B" barrel post-war M39s (though I have no idea how many Tikka barreled ones were made).

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyears View Post
    Yeah, to me these aren't fundamentally different than "B" barrel post-war M39s (though I have no idea how many Tikka barreled ones were made).
    Nobody does, AFAIK, they were depot jobs and not counted in any factory totals. Generally they are rare, but not unobtainable if you want to shell out for one.

I suspect the round receiver guns are also depot builds.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Lord View Post
    Nice to know who that seller is, I've been following some of his recent auctions but was wary because of the "other" Hamilton from NC that I'm sure most of you remember. I won't worry now.
    First time I saw his auction, I thought it was the other Hamilton as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Mosin Fanboy

The parent site says around 5k or so Tikka M39s were made....Simple math says about 100 rifles per U.S. state....but were all 5k imported to the U.S.? - I believe a few other countries imported Finn rifles around the same time period as well which could drop the rifles available everywhere....

Tikka M39s can be dated anywhere from the early 1920's(rare) to 1943 with 1940 dated Tikka M39s that are pretty hard to find as well. Can't say what makes each collector appreciate any one type or another, I just know my Tikka is very very accurate with military ammo & I am curious what hand loads will be scary accurate.....

It seems if ya want one....you may luck out at a gun show or a shop and find one, or you compete online with many who would love to own one.

As far as Imperial barreled M39s go....well they have always been rare & I wonder what one would go for on a well advertised auction? I suspect anybody who has an extensive M39 collection would pay well to add a Tula or Izhevsk or Remington or N.E.W. M39 to their collection - In a few short years I know I will aggressively pursue owning one....

Round receiver B Barrel M39s or M91's....? Post war builds? Sounds fine to me, as I collect them as well! Rarish as well.....

CH posted a pic of that intriguing round receiver 28-30....now that would be a find!.....

Pahtu.

These rifles don't seem to catch the same interest or prices (comparatively speaking) in Finland as they do here. Very nice rifles and most are in pristine condition, but I personally would rather have a 1945 or 67-70 M39 (in mint condition)
    "Ole viisaasti höperö!" sanoi vääpeli Ryhmy
    Commissar Natalia Vengrovska Fan Club Life Member :-)
    Tired of the Police ? Try calling a Crackhead next time you need help
    ALWAYS looking for anything from Sortavala and Viipuri CG districts
    Looking for Norwegian Mauser K98F1 HÆR 43408 - the first military rifle I was issued

CH posted a pic of that intriguing round receiver 28-30....now that would be a find!.....

Pahtu.
    I handled a no serial number, no markings 28/30 in the white at a shooting competition in Finland last summer. Granted it was assembled from part from the armory post war.
    Looking for Norwegian Mauser K98F1 HÆR 43408 - the first military rifle I was issued

Quote Originally Posted by jepari View Post
    I handled a no serial number, no markings 28/30 in the white at a shooting competition in Finland last summer. Granted it was assembled from part from the armory post war.
    That would be a cool rifle!

Pahtu.

These rifles don't seem to catch the same interest or prices (comparatively speaking) in Finland as they do here. Very nice rifles and most are in pristine condition, but I personally would rather have a 1945 or 67-70 M39 (in mint condition)
    Agreed. I paid less than half of that last week for a 1970 that looked like it had just been manufactured the metal looks so good.

That would be a cool rifle!

Pahtu.
    I'll see if I can find better pictures of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2989.jpg  

Agreed. I paid less than half of that last week for a 1970 that looked like it had just been manufactured the metal looks so good.
    I'm eyeballing a 1968, trying to make up my mind if I "need" one. 1968 was a very good and memorable year. The first year of my grandfathers retirement - and what a time we had :D

I'm eyeballing a 1968, trying to make up my mind if I "need" one. 1968 was a very good and memorable year. The first year of my grandfathers retirement - and what a time we had :D
    If you already have a no-name, the answer is "Yes, you want one." If you don't already have a no-name, the answer is "HELL YES, you need one!"

Me, I still need an Sk.Y M39. Somehow, that's an obvious hole in my collection.

If you already have a no-name, the answer is "Yes, you want one." If you don't already have a no-name, the answer is "HELL YES, you need one!"

Me, I still need an Sk.Y M39. Somehow, that's an obvious hole in my collection.
    I was afraid someone would confirm what I already have known for a while, the hell yes part that is :D

I'll see if I can find better pictures of it
    Ohh, looks like a real neat rifle!

Pahtu.

That's one beautiful rifle, but that's a lot of money even for an unissued Tikka M39. Makes me glad I stashed away three of them back in the 90's when I was in the business.

Im Not rich but I was lucky enough when Guns and Ammo was selling these for about 550.. to buy a new unused one...Sits in the safe now..May have 20 rounds down the tube....Now I see how these are skyrocketing it will just sit in the safe now...It does has a positive side to it for me,I show my wife the prices on these which frees me up to buy more for investment.....She knows what I paid for them

i had 2 of the Tikka's, 1940 unissued w/importer and Finnish hang tags got over $2100 for it on GB 2 guys really wanted it. the other one was a 1943 Tikka with on;y 50 rounds through it. i only got $850 for it on GB because i listed it as Finn instead of Finnish so not as many people got to see it. both of these i got for $600 on GB just a year earlier and the 1943 came with over 550 rounds of domestic ammo for the $600 price and he didn't even charge me for shipping ammo $35 for shipping rifle and ammo can't bet that.
    "Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession."

-George Washington 1732-1799

I was afraid someone would confirm what I already have known for a while, the hell yes part that is :D
    Jepari if you need one more little nudge toward that 68, see below.

Go buy the one you are looking at before it disappears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I have to torment Jepari, too:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	291.2 KB 
ID:	2293257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	296.7 KB 
ID:	2293265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	2293273

He's probably out buying it right now!!!

May I join in?

Quote Originally Posted by N8theSk8 View Post
    He's probably out buying it right now!!!

You guys are bad company !!!! So far I've spent $1k on something another board member listed on an auction site ...and I haven't decided on which "68" I'm getting ....

Fake Tikka Stamp already done. They have been around for awhile. Expect to see Tikka Round M39s in the Future come out of the woodwork. Money to be made + lack of vetting = Humper's Dream.

The Tikka M39 referenced in the OPs auction link is a superb example. I am keeping a couple M39s, and a representative example of various Mosin models.

I am also paring down duplicates or excess examples of other rifles. I am not sure where I'll end up, as I know every time I let a really nice rifle go, I'll realistically never find another like it (for a price I'm willing to pay, at least).

I surmise that the values of these kinds of rifles may continue to go up over the years, and I suppose I may see similar Tikka M39s sell for twice as much in the next 5 or 10 years. But I'm finally starting my own side business, something I've long put off, so transitioning part of the collection into the business takes some of the sting out of letting these rifles go.

I love military surplus rifles, and always will. I am deliberately avoiding selling off too many items... I've tasted seller's remorse before! Besides, I need enough to give my son someday, right? (and maybe a son-in-law, if he's worthy)

I'm not sure if the buyer is a member here... If not, I'll point him this direction.

Lastly, I was not aware of another Hamilton in NC who seems to have sullied the surname. I have thought about changing my Gunbroker name to match my forum username. Maybe I should look into it...
    Nothing worthwhile ever comes easily.

Quote Originally Posted by bones92 View Post

I am also paring down duplicates or excess examples of other rifles. I am not sure where I'll end up, as I know every time I let a really nice rifle go, I'll realistically never find another like it (for a price I'm willing to pay, at least).
    I can relate - I find myself with a fairly large collection, I have a young daughter, but fear there will be no one to appreciate my collection when I kick the bucket, I have nephews, but only one is a true gun guy, the others....not so much - I also will be greatly paring down the collection, keeping some cool representative examples & for the shooter crowd...a couple shooters... :+D

Pahtu.

I can relate - I find myself with a fairly large collection, I have a young daughter, but fear there will be no one to appreciate my collection when I kick the bucket, I have nephews, but only one is a true gun guy, the others....not so much - I also will be greatly paring down the collection, keeping some cool representative examples & for the shooter crowd...a couple shooters... :+D

Pahtu.
    Ditto. Neither of my son's are really interested. I think they'd keep a gun or two. My oldest one would probably hold onto the M1 and M1 carbines and AK's and AR's. My youngest one - have no idea, but I guess he'd take anything that looks like a plumbers tool :D The Finn stuff they don't care about, and they don't really have any connection to or particular interest in Finland or Finnish stuff (at least not currently) so I guess at some point I'll sell it off myself

Quote Originally Posted by bones92 View Post
    Lastly, I was not aware of another Hamilton in NC who seems to have sullied the surname. I have thought about changing my Gunbroker name to match my forum username. Maybe I should look into it...
    The running joke for a while was that something had been "Hamiled"(spelling?). Here's the link to the thread.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=393385

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Mosin Fanboy

Ahh, yes. I remember this thread now.

Maybe I need to add a disclaimer to my listings...." I am NOT Richard Hamilton the Mosin Humper"...

Pahtu.
    I'm currently available for adoption......just throwing this out there

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    I'm currently available for adoption......just throwing this out there
    :+D

:+D
    Uncle Pahtu, is that you? After all these years??

Still preparing my wife and bank account for that purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast