Looking for advice on BCD 41 Receiver markings

Thread: Looking for advice on BCD 41 Receiver markings

Default Looking for advice on BCD 41 Receiver markings

Yesterday I purchased a BCD 41 marked K98. The rifle appears to be a Yugo rebuild, as the stock has triangle stamps, and the BBL has a triangle n stamp (bbl appears to be new), and when checking headspace with extractor removed, the bolt will only half index on a go gauge. The bolt is not serial numbered. The lack of Waffenampts drew me to this rifle, as the receiver is an astrawerke mfg receiver, BCD41 marked, and it has no firing proof. The serial number stamping also appears odd. Anyone have any input as to the possible history of the receiver? Depot build, armor spare, etc? Thanks for any input
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7098.JPG  

IMG_7100.JPG  

IMG_7099.JPG  

IMG_7097.JPG  

IMG_7095.JPG  

Need to see the barrel markings. Receiver looks re-blued in photo's. The X means Ivan had it at one time. The stock is a Yugo that's being sanded

And stripped with harsh chems and/or oven cleaner! Yikes, that one got abused for reals...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Could just be a wartime spare receiver assembled into a rifle by whoever installed the barrel. Any wartime depot build would have firing proofs.
    Visit my site - www.latewar.com
    Check out the forum dedicated to the next volumes about the Kar98k rifle www.k98kforum.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Could just be a wartime spare receiver assembled into a rifle by whoever installed the barrel. Any wartime depot build would have firing proofs.
    Thanks mrfarb, I wasn't sure if a receiver that was a depot build would have a firing proof or not. With the the mix of yugo parts, and lack of importer stamp, I have no idea if this was a yugo build, or someone built it with surplus yugo parts.

The stock was not in that bad of shape, considering what had been done with it. a run down with steel wool, BLO, and a dry day in the 90s provided a result I can live with for a rifle that cost $300 (+ reamer rental).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7102.JPG  

FullSizeRender.jpg