"New" production faux Russian PU scopes

Thread: "New" production faux Russian PU scopes

Default "New" production faux Russian PU scopes

Fellows. I "think" I remember there being "NEW" production faux PU scopes being produced out of Eastern Europe maybe Russia itself.

If Im correct and if anyone has purchased one could you tell me:

1) the name of the company that produces them and where they are located

2) quality of the scope ie lens, knobs, adjustment "clicks", etc.

3) cost

What my question is about is that I'm looking at an optic for a AR I have and wondered if the Eastern European/Russain optics are worthwhile.

Thanks,

ptf18

I believe the scopes you are referring to were made in Ukraine. They were pretty reasonable to begin with, but last I looked were in the price range of some original PU scopes. I believe they were available through Kalinka Optics, not sure if they are still in stock or the going rate. There are cheap Chinese knockoffs out there, too, so best to do a little research to know what you're looking at...

Now, I have to question why you'd want a PU scope for an AR? Check out Kalinka, they have other Soviet/Russian/Combloc optics that are better suited (IMHO). High quality stuff, a friend has had a couple & I've been quite impressed. I think there might be a couple here on the Trader for sale, too.
    Better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it...

"The politics of failure have failed!" -Kang

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

For what it is worth, I have one of the Century clones that came with one of the mid-2000's produced PU clone scopes.

As a scope it has been all I could want. I have had precisely zero complaints about it.

There are no 'clicks' in the turrets and you will have to get used to the scope windage increments being in Mils, which most US users are unfamiliar with (1 mil = 3.6 inches at 100 yards, or ten centimeters at 100 meters).

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Fellows. I dont plan on using one of the faux PU scopes on a AR. Rather Im trying to find out if the company that produces them produce a "quality" product and that they might offer a "suitable" AD scope

The Belorussian scopes made by Belomo are good. I have a Rakurs-A and a PO-3.5x21P, the clarity and mechanics are top notch. The exterior cosmetics aren't anything special, but they are rugged and durable scopes. Make sure you get a scope that uses batteries/parts available here in the US if that's part of your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by ptf18 View Post
    Fellows. I "think" I remember there being "NEW" production faux PU scopes being produced out of Eastern Europe maybe Russia itself.

If Im correct and if anyone has purchased one could you tell me:

1) the name of the company that produces them and where they are located

2) quality of the scope ie lens, knobs, adjustment "clicks", etc.

3) cost

What my question is about is that I'm looking at an optic for a AR I have and wondered if the Eastern European/Russain optics are worthwhile.

Thanks,

ptf18
    My questions back to you would be:

1. What distance will you be shooting out too?

2. What is your budget?
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

This was the most interesting conversation I was ever not a part of and I look forward to the next conversation on the topic.
    - Pcan

VA-Vet.... Distance wise I'ld say 200 to 300 yards. Cost.... $200 to $300.

and yes I have looked at optics sold by American companies

Thanks,

ptf18

I had a very good Russian made PU replica that is different from the Ukraine one, with no fake Great Patriotic War markings.

I got it from Canada about ten years ago and it is excellent -I put it on a replica PU sniper. Haven't seen any like it since.

Incidently, I have put three original PUs on real Russian sidemounts for AKs. The sturdy mounts fit AK rails and Saigas, are sturdy and look cool - true Soviet stout quality.

GB member Dmitry had them for sale and may have more. They allow the iron sights to be used and extend the accurate range of the AK platform a good deal, particulary for those of us who do not have Russian sniper eyes.

Not a faux:
    Modern made PU scope for hunting.
    The one that was designed to survive 7.62x54R round originally.
    I put it on my T53 sporter after it killed 2 "regular" scopes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilad-P3-5x2...gAAOSwCU1Y1k5y
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4200043.jpg