Gunboards Forums banner

First post in the Mosin-Nagant forum; 1930 Izhevsk ex-Dragoon

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  plymouthmauser 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm primarily a German and American collector. I've every make of WW2 K98, and examples of all U.S. arms save a Krag-Jorgenson. Spun my collection a little sideways and decided to have one representative example from one of each of the 'major powers' of WW2. I now have my long rifle Russian example to go with my non-refurbished 1936 Tula Nagant pistol.

This is an ex-Dragoon modified post war with the pinned 91/30 rear sight, and lined sling slots. Bolt mismatch, pre-'28 receiver, rearsenal box/slash mark on butt. Any thing else you can tell me about it? Shoots damn well, also. I had to add an original sling and cleaning rod from Numrich to complete it.

t

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
more:

t

Attachments

#3 ·
and more:

t

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome to the dark side...Does the receiver have the Soviet Crest stamped over an old Imperial crest? I can't tell for sure from the photo. The circle "t" on the receiver and 41 on the tang is interesting . I suppose those would have been added in a satellite country? Neat rifle. I like the worn looking ones as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I have 3 P38s, a HSc, 38H, M13, M14, P08, PP, and PPk I could use. Trouble with a semi-auto pistol is the blank cartridge won't operate the slide. A revolver doesn't have that problem.

t

#17 ·
Wait wait wait, back up to the rifle. msniper nailed it. However, the "circle T" has been said to be a Czech mark, and what's up with the "41" on top of the tang? I don't have mine on hand for comparison, how similar is it to the Finnish capture "41" stamp?

#21 ·
http://www.mosinnagant.net/global mosin nagants/mosin_nagant_m9138_carbine.asp

Martin, here's where I got the "circle T" from. But looking through photos, it seems there are differing "T"s, as pointed out on another thread here. And in fact, the example you provide has the tips of the T almost touching the circle. So actually a great example of variance if they are indeed the same.
You are correct on the "41", not Finn by a long shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.