SCW M91 and 91/30

Thread: SCW M91 and 91/30

Default SCW M91 and 91/30

A nominee to the most beaten rifle in my collection. But I could not resist as it's M91 and not 91/30.

Came along with 91/30 in Spanish stock and interesting force-matched bolt.

Both are nice but I really like that Remington! I don't know much about SCW rifles. What is it that signifies it is one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I really like that M91/30. Appears to be a Spanish made stock from a quick glance at the wood hue and crudeness of the finger grooves.

Have you taken it apart? A fellow forum member and I recently found the same name written in the barrel channel of 2 different Spanish made stocks. They have very similar features to the stock and the general buffed look of the receiver markings. Take a look if you haven't!

I forgot to mention that your photos are outstanding. I'm in need of nice photos of Spanish made stock sets, so if you'd like to contribute to my SCW Mosin Nagant site, with credit of course, I'd love to use some of your photos.

Great M91/30!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lthilsdorf View Post
    I forgot to mention that your photos are outstanding. I'm in need of nice photos of Spanish made stock sets, so if you'd like to contribute to my SCW Mosin Nagant site, with credit of course, I'd love to use some of your photos.

Great M91/30!!!
    I would be obliged. I used your site and found it very helpful. Feel free to use these pictures or I could make additional.

Quote Originally Posted by lthilsdorf View Post
    I really like that M91/30. Appears to be a Spanish made stock from a quick glance at the wood hue and crudeness of the finger grooves.

Have you taken it apart? A fellow forum member and I recently found the same name written in the barrel channel of 2 different Spanish made stocks. They have very similar features to the stock and the general buffed look of the receiver markings. Take a look if you haven't!
    Indeed, that stock does look very similar to your dragoon and my 91/30. Maybe a 3rd one made by Antonio Diaz!?
    Lotema

Both nice examples, The first one's stock has a lot of character in the wood, I likey a lot.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Beautiful Mosins. And I have seen more MP8 marks on Winchester 95s than Mosins. The MP8 markings don't show up a lot anyway.

Both are really nice rifles. One of my obsessions within an obsession is 1918 Remington M91s. I thought yours looked very nice and not all that beat up. Excellent rifles and pictures. They both rock. Thank you for sharing them. Regards, John.

PS a couple of my rifles had the "5 dot dice" stamps and a couple don't while they all appear to be probable SCW rifles. None have the made in USSR stamps.

Awesome rifles doesn't look too beat up to me, trust me I have mosins in my collection that look much worse than that one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

great photos. I see no evidence of scw use on the model 91.
    gil

Nice pair! My 1918 Remington with the dice mark and no import mark has a serial number only about 4000 lower than yours (if I'm reading yours correctly).

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...n+phosphorus32

Attachment 2302090