Latest Finn Find

Thread: Latest Finn Find

Default Latest Finn Find

Ran into this one recently on some of my travels and grabbed it. Nice addition to my small Finnish collection and it shoots well, as all of them do at least from my experience.

As you will see, the stock is, well, WORN! But no cracks anywhere.

I see the remnants of the stamp Westinghouse put on the left of the butt stock. On the right I see a Westinghouse proof, and above it, some numbers, and above that a symbol I can't make out. Maybe 2 S embedded in each other?

Anyway here it is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I likey, nice wood
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Stepped Barrel, nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Very nice find my friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Man I gotta tell ya I love this one. This has a genuine milsurply appearance that really speaks to me. Congrats on a nice find.

Nice 1927 Stepped barrel Tikka, only about 3000 were made so they don't turn up often.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Lord View Post
    Nice 1927 Stepped barrel Tikka, only about 3000 were made so they don't turn up often.

Agreed a rare rifle and very nice purchase. Thats a keeper.

I like the rifle. Looks like an M24 stock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Mosin Fanboy

Thanks everyone! Bmont if I end up buying you a hamburger this week I might even let you hold it, MAYBE!!!

Nice, Austrian captured receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by bmont View Post
    Agreed a rare rifle and very nice purchase. Thats a keeper.
    Absolutely!

I need to check up on the 'C' stamping now at the excellent read on the Finn M91.

http://mosinnagant.net/finland/M91inFinland.asp

Do the Tikka stepped barrels surface very often guys? I haven't encountered one in person.
    Last edited by Ken in Iowa; 06-17-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    Now officially collecting Mosin M38s!

She's a Keeper! Good find OP
    Looking for PU Scope A33256

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in Iowa View Post
    Absolutely!

I need to check up on the 'C' stamping now at the excellent read on the Finn M91.

Do the Tikka stepped barrels surface very often guys? I haven't encountered one in person.

I have much less time in the hobby than most here, but I can tell you this is the only one I have seen in person ever, and the only one I recall seeing in state in the last couple years.

I recall seeing one other on the trader here, somewhat recently, with a stock in better shape.

Even looking through some forum gallery submissions I didn't see many of these submitted. Interestingly I did seem to see more items that were supposedly manufactured in similar qualities submitted, i.e. 1932 VKT m27s, late date m39s, etc. So it makes me think, regardless of how many were made, there might be seriously fewer in existence. Just an uneducated newbie guess though...

Default Latest Finn Find

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in Iowa View Post
    Absolutely!

My reading indicated the C had to do with bore diameter with C being around .308 iirc. It will chamber everything I have from Tula 147 FMJ to Barnaul 203 SP, and it likes PPU match brass at the range.

I have seen maybe 2 of those I'm all my years collecting. One I own and one will be sold later this year from the Kevin Carney collection on Gunbroker. The one I got I bought maybe 20 years ago in the parking lot of Knob Creek machine gun shoot for $160. It is a very good shooter with just about anything I feed it. The stock on the both I have seen and own are in excellent condition. Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by zeebill View Post
    I have seen maybe 2 of those I'm all my years collecting. One I own and one will be sold later this year from the Kevin Carney collection on Gunbroker. The one I got I bought maybe 20 years ago in the parking lot of Knob Creek machine gun shoot for $160. It is a very good shooter with just about anything I feed it. The stock on the both I have seen and own are in excellent condition. Bill
    Bill as you can tell with mine there would be several ways you could describe the stock, but excellent condition would NOT be one of those ways! Still, I like it and am pretty happy with it.

If it shoots half as good as the one I have it could be in a piece of driftwood!! Some of my favorite guns I own make that stock look new. I love old well worn or beat up stocks they add character to the rifle. Enjoy and treat it like it was a safe queen and she will bring you great joy! Bill

It shoots well. Maybe not m39 well, but definitely better than my ability to expose any design flaws! It will be shot occasionally and cleaned and oiled well moving forward I can assure you!

Quote Originally Posted by N8theSk8 View Post
    It shoots well. Maybe not m39 well, but definitely better than my ability to expose any design flaws! It will be shot occasionally and cleaned and oiled well moving forward I can assure you!

I love to hear those words! Enjoy Sir!