Default Reloading for 10.4x47R Italian Vetterli

Hi,
    I have already posted this on Italian board, but maybe someone here will be more helpful.
    I just picked up an Italian Vetterli and would like to know what are the people using for reloading theirs.
    What brass, dies, bullets? Where to you get bullets (I don't cast my own)?
    Has anyone used gadcustomcartridges.com as a source for the Vetterli supplies?
    Also, what are good smokeless loads for this caliber?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default reloading data

what works well in my infantry Vetterli is:
    27grs of vithavuori N133 with 300grs cast bullet (44 magnum caliber) some filler on the powder.
    Brass can be former from 348 win but You may need(most probably) to reduce the diameter of the head of few thousen of inc.
    dies can be purchesed from CH4D.
    depending on barrel diameter You may use also jacketed bullets of the same weight.

Somebody in US may give You data with overseas powders.

I forgot,
    64grs of black powder (swiss n3) with the same bullet ( You will have to change the grease of the bullet or load less powder and put a grease wad betweek powder and bullet separated by milk carton disks)

regards Gianluca

Default Vetterli Ammo handloads

Cases: Reform .348 Winchester cases (head may need swaging or turning to reduce diameter to fit, OR use Grafs (PrviPartizan) 8x50R Lebel cases (expand, size, trim...the head should be OK) and the Lebel case gives a better rim diameter than the .348W.

I use both .348s and Lebel Military cases (Better ignition with large Berdan primer)

Bullets: use any .425-.430 cast lead bullet on the heavy side ( 240-260 grains) Lube well, and if using Black Powder, use a case filling top wad to fill the air space between Bullet and load.
    Later Vetterli loads used a brass plated "jacketed" RN bullet...some of the Plated .44s available nowadays could replicate the Later Italian Load.

Regards,
    Doc AV
    AV Ballistics.

I use the 8mm lebel brass because the base is a little smaller and the rim a bit bigger than 348 win. not to mention cheaper. I use the lee 90858 (.430) mold and resize the bullet to groove diameter of .423. I use 22 gr. of IMR 4198.

I talked to Bernold from Gad Custom Cartridges and ordered 40 loaded rounds from him. He says it will take 2-3 weeks to deliver.

His rounds are made from 8mm Lebel cases. He uses 300 gr .430 bullets. The way he explained it, he runs the complete rounds into the full sizing die and gets them to fit. I guess that operation squeezes down the neck and creates a heel-based bullet. The load he uses is 21gr of 2400.

Now, do I need a full set of 10.4x47R dies? Or can I use 41 Swiss dies to neck size the fired cases? Also, if I do purchase a set of 4-h dies, do they come with the shell holder or do I have to get it separate?

Do you gentlemen use regular .430 44Mag bullets, or they will have to be formed into heel-based bullets?

Thank you for your help and any and all information.

sorry, I gave You some incomplete info.
    depending from chambers You may be able to use straight .430 bullets or not, 2 out of 3 of my rifle does, one does not.
    To 'form' a loaded round may be a solution depending from how is designed the dies(allow the extra lenght of the bullet) but I think there is a question about how safe is this operation.
    From My experience ch-4d dies comes without SH, You have to buy it separately from them, anyway for both the swiss and the italian as well as for many other calibers My starting case is 348win so only 1 SH.

regards Gianluca