Gunboards Forums banner

Tikka M28

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Pahtu 
#1 ·
Decent M28s have been elusive for me, but I finally ran into one I liked, and as a bonus it cost me the princely sum of $299. :) Pics next frame . . .

#2 · (Edited)

When I first looked at it, I couldn't find the import mark. It's a very weakly struck Marathon-I can still barely see it, even with magnification:

My first Sestroryetsk part. :)

Non [SA] and non D marked as a bonus:

Bore is pretty good. Has mileage on it (some rounding and a bit of groove roughness), but I've seen much worse on M28s. Actually a pretty good blend of condition and been there/done that. Not counterbored, and even the crown is pretty good:

#5 ·
Very nice addition, for an even better price! Congrats!

#21 ·
I suspect the 52912 suffix on the bolt flat has been removed at the same time when the S52912 on the right side of the barrel was lined-out by the SA. The Army found the CG district numbers obsolete and in many cases they have altered them, one way or another. It is really uncommon to see an SA owned m/28 rifle whose bolt numbers aren't changed in any way. Just how the numbers were altered varies a lot and I know this causes collectors a lot of headache when they're trying to see the pattern in m/28 numbering. No wonder the term "Finn matched" is used in many cases.

Still, I'd bet the bolt isn't replacement as the o50 on knob is there and also the S prexif on flat which the SA armorer didn't notice to remove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.