I'm weak, I couldn't resist: Radom P-83

Thread: I'm weak, I couldn't resist: Radom P-83

Default I'm weak, I couldn't resist: Radom P-83

So, today I was out and about and stopped by a pawn shop that usually doesn't have what I'd called great condition milsurps. Today they had a Radom P-83 with one EP'ed matching mag for $250, was able to talk them down to $182 OTD. The trigger was very smooth dry firing and while the finish is not perfect, its just fine to me. 1989 year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GH09342_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	740.9 KB 
ID:	2306562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GH09342_2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	824.3 KB 
ID:	2306570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GH09342_3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	804.9 KB 
ID:	2306578
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

This was the most interesting conversation I was ever not a part of and I look forward to the next conversation on the topic.
    - Pcan

Resistance is futile.

Great find and price.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit), Michigan

Good price...I paid 250$ for mine with no goodies, not even a spare mag. These little guns are bound to fetch a premium when the supply dries up...just look at what CZ82's are fetching nowadays.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Good deal. I have fought the urge to buy it too long.
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

I know very little of the 83's. Are they good shooters? How do they compare to the 64?

Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    Good price...I paid 250$ for mine with no goodies, not even a spare mag. These little guns are bound to fetch a premium when the supply dries up...just look at what CZ82's are fetching nowadays.
    U really cant compare a sheet-metal gun like the P-83 to a CZ-82! Compare a Mercedes to a YUGO!

Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit), Michigan

My comparison was on price point and availability (which is finite)...CZ82's were around 200$ a few years back (I paid 285$ for mine 2 years ago). I own both, and would have no reservations carrying either a P83 or a CZ82, they are both fine pistols.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170618_145008[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	2309842

High-Point vs. Glock!

Absolutely flawless operation on the range. Compared to my P-64, it fits my hand a bit better and a bit less recoil. If I could, I would trade the hammers. I like the hammer of the P-64 better than the P-83, from a CC point of view.

All-in-all, a very good deal at $182.

This was the most interesting conversation I was ever not a part of and I look forward to the next conversation on the topic.
    - Pcan

Isn't it wonderful what can be done with a sheet metal bender and tig welder? Really the P 83 is a remarkable pistol that will shoot as long and well as anything else in it's class. Like Nagant revolvers by the case full at $99 each purchasing the P 83 will soon be a thing of the past.

Va-VET, I feel your pain. Saying "no" to a Makarov is tough! Enjoy it., ABTOMAT

Considering its construction, this is a well made serviceable pistol. The mechanics are good quality. As a family friend with a welding shop 50 yrs in business told me once: metal joined using the proper welding technique will have a weld as strong as, if not stronger, than the metal being joined. I totally believe that. I also believe a P-83 will outlast a High-Point.

Default P-83

I must admit, my P-83s have grown on me since I initially purchased them about 4 years ago. I was turned off on the stamped metal at first but have come to appreciate them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0483.JPG  

Very good buy at that price! I had one and like it. The one and only reason I sold it was the mag availability issue at the time. I had many Makarov mags and didn't want such a similar pistol that couldn't interchange mags with my Maks.

Here's a nice analysis of the P83 done by a member.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...-Meets-The-Eye
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

I like my P-83 a lot, for $199 shipped I have no complaints.......... Except for the hammer bite, cured that by putting a piece of plastic that came off a stainless hose clamp over the part of the hammer that bites me.

P-83 mags are not cheap... Wow!

- Pcan

I've bought some mags and holsters from a guy in Poland a couple of years ago. At least these items (incl. spare parts) are available. Buy NOW rather than worry about wishing you'd done so LATER!