Another FN Browning 1922 Rig with Ersatz Holster

Thread: Another FN Browning 1922 Rig with Ersatz Holster

Default Another FN Browning 1922 Rig with Ersatz Holster

I purchased my first Browning 1922 rig over a month ago and posted about it here on the forums. I just purchased another one, this one being a later-war example with an ersatz leather/vinyl holster (my first had an ersatz paper holster). I really like these pistols and the .32 round is fun to shoot. This particular pistol has a very nice bore and is in pretty good shape, although it appears that it was stored in the holster, as the left side of the slide has a couple spots in the finish. That being said, I'm still thrilled to have it, particularly the cool holster.

I do have a question, though, about the funky looking WaA140 that's stamped on the left side of the slide, under the word "Fabrique". It does not match the font of the other two WaA140's on the pistol and appears to possibly be double-stamped. Has anyone else seen another WaA140 like this?

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07477.JPG  

DSC07478.JPG  

DSC07467.JPG  

DSC07476.JPG  

DSC07483.JPG  

DSC07479.JPG  

DSC07464.JPG  

DSC07454.JPG  

DSC07456.JPG  

DSC07458.JPG  

DSC07459.JPG  

DSC07457.JPG  

very nice. These do tend to grow on you dont they? as for your holster are you sure its ersatz material? it appears its leather. The flaking on the closure strap as well as salvaged top sewn on a newer bottom is typical of what they did to repair leather holsters. even looking at the markings you posted on the last pic, the interior looks like leather to me. Thanks for sharing.
    Sam

On the WaA140 stamp, it is not unusual to see these lightly struck, struck at angles. or heavily struck at an angle like yours. These were being greatly rushed out the door by mid-war, and the attention to detail mattered little.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yoebuff View Post
    as for your holster are you sure its ersatz material? it appears its leather. The flaking on the closure strap as well as salvaged top sewn on a newer bottom is typical of what they did to repair leather holsters. even looking at the markings you posted on the last pic, the interior looks like leather to me. Thanks for sharing.
    Only the front flap and the closure strap are leather. The markings were stamped on the inside of the flap. The rest of the holster is that orange vinyl-like material.

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    On the WaA140 stamp, it is not unusual to see these lightly struck, struck at angles. or heavily struck at an angle like yours. These were being greatly rushed out the door by mid-war, and the attention to detail mattered little.
    Thank you for confirming that the oddly struck WaA is typical. I was concerned because the font appeared different, but I can see where the angle & force at which it's struck can easily alter it's appearance somewhat.

IMO the stamp is good as well.
    Jim