Gunboards Forums banner

Need expert opinion on a Webley MK VI

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Big Coulee 
#1 ·
I have a guy in the county with an unaltered .455 webley. It looks to be in very good shape but there is something confusing about it that I need help with. On the frame where it states Webley Patton's there is no date, and next to it is a flying bullet which I've never seen on a Mk VI. He's asking $1000 and I don't know if this is a bit rich for my blood unless I knew I could easily sell it for that should I ever want to. Is this some special early example of a Mk VI?
Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First, it is PATENTS not Patton's. I don't think George owned a Webley. My thought is that this a commercial Mark VI and not a government contract revolver. You may want to go to Weapons of the British Commonwealth forum and post ypou question there.

#7 ·
I'm not an expert but yes I believe $1000 is pretty steep for a Webley Mk VI these days. I'd be more inclined to agree with 2P Steel 6 that $800 would be an upper end asking price today. In a year or two $1000 could be realistic the way gun prices are moving upward. I know a Webley Mk. IV is not comparable to a Mk VI but I paid $50 for my MK IV a couple years ago. I have a shaved 1915 Mk VI that I shoot hand loaded .45 Auto Rim ammo in and it is a FINE shooter. If you want the original unaltered Mk VI enough to pay a little more than premium price today I'd say go for it. In a few years you should be able to get $1000 for it if you decide to sell.

#14 ·
I reload the 200gr, .38 S&W, but I used Remington Match, Pivi Partisan, and Fiocchi to start. The Privi brass doesn't work for me though.
My Enfield No. 2 Mk1 also has the hammer spur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.