Gunboards Forums banner

.PRVI Partizan ammo.. any good? Corrosive or not?

89K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  ammolab 
#1 ·
Anyone shoot Prvi partizan?

Is it boxer or berdan primered? Is it corrosive? Is it reloadable?

I never heard of it til recently and looks cheaper than other commercial ammo

#5 · (Edited)
Apparently, the people down at stars and stripes tell me it doesn't stretch enough to be a good reloading round... However, prevailing opinion is it reloads well. I find the ammo is the cheapest out there save for milsurp or steel cased stuff, accurate, relatively clean, and non corrosive. I have used their 7.62x54R, .303 brit, 9x19 and 7.62x25. I have found my two groove rifled No. 4 enfield, even with its beat bore and cracked stock, shoots amazingly well with the 174 grain FMJBT they have. I'm waiting, probably in vain, for them to import plinking level 9x19. They get my unequivocal support for purchase.

For your other question... i know no lower, except possible igman. You can find some igman 8mm around. But not much. 8mm for now is a bit dry: I'm living off a couple hundred 70's yugos and 50's turk.

#8 ·
Privi-Partizan is top notch ammo, especially for the price. You can't beat the brass for reloading, even with the dollar-apiece Norma stuff. Gets a :thumbsup: in my book.

#16 ·
it's very good ammo, i've shot this in my .303's and never had any problem with it, i have found that there are some good ammo mfg's in Bosnia area,buy it, shoot it, buy more!!!

#18 ·
You're of course, talking about the Yugo HB from the 70's, red primer sealed, stamped "nny" which is corrosive. This stuff isn't packaged as Privi-Partizan though.

#21 ·
Doesn't Privi provide the brass for the 'Wolf Gold' line of ammo, and 'Hot Shot'?
Poot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.