Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Beach Va
    Posts
    8,836

    Default need Star BKS parts, and info

    Hello,

    I have a Star BKS, (Starlight?) that I needs a Firing pin and spring,
    Numrich is out, but they have a firing pin for a Star BKM,
    different #, but they look similar,

    are they interchangeable??

    and if not, anyone know of a source for parts?

    Thanks in advance!

    Lyman

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    9,508

    Default

    PM board memeber STAR on this forum. He lives in Spain and has access to many parts. Order in confidence, many satisfied customers from these forums including myself.
    Laugh hard and often.

    Gary

  3. #3

    Default

    You might check out this source. If he has the parts it will take him about 2 weeks to fill the order and ship. I have ordered magazines from him and he had what I looking for. A magazine for my model1911. Looked almost new when I got them.

    http://www.gun-parts.com/star/

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyman1903 View Post
    Hello,

    I have a Star BKS, (Starlight?) that I needs a Firing pin and spring,
    Numrich is out, but they have a firing pin for a Star BKM,
    different #, but they look similar,

    are they interchangeable??

    and if not, anyone know of a source for parts?

    Thanks in advance!

    Lyman

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyman1903 View Post
    Hello,

    I have a Star BKS, (Starlight?) that I needs a Firing pin and spring,
    Numrich is out, but they have a firing pin for a Star BKM,
    different #, but they look similar,

    are they interchangeable??

    and if not, anyone know of a source for parts?

    Thanks in advance!

    Lyman
    Be careful, the BKS firing pin, has NOTHING to do with the BM/BKM one, in fact is NOT interchangeable with any other STAR model. I have original, factory new ones, contact by PM if interested.

    I am an international patron of Gunboards

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    672

    Default Bob's

    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    You might check out this source. If he has the parts it will take him about 2 weeks to fill the order and ship. I have ordered magazines from him and he had what I looking for. A magazine for my model1911. Looked almost new when I got them.

    http://www.gun-parts.com/star/
    I had a less than satisfactory experience with him recently. i ordered some Astra Cub wood grips. Took about a month to arrive, then they were mismatched (one side beveled at top, other side squared). I wrote them back, was told to ship them back, they would send a matched set.
    Instead i got a note back that they had no more, had refunded the CC charge (which they did). I wrote back and asked for those back, that I was willing to modify them.
    They said "Sorry, all gone". If he had communicated better I would have kept the set, but it takes him a week or more to respond to emails. I basically got the impression he did not want to be bothered, though I have bought from him on several other occasions with good results. He's a last resort for me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Backwoods Virginia
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex B View Post
    I had a less than satisfactory experience with him recently. i ordered some Astra Cub wood grips. Took about a month to arrive, then they were mismatched (one side beveled at top, other side squared). I wrote them back, was told to ship them back, they would send a matched set.
    Instead i got a note back that they had no more, had refunded the CC charge (which they did). I wrote back and asked for those back, that I was willing to modify them.
    They said "Sorry, all gone". If he had communicated better I would have kept the set, but it takes him a week or more to respond to emails. I basically got the impression he did not want to be bothered, though I have bought from him on several other occasions with good results. He's a last resort for me.
    You are talking about the person on the "gun-parts.com/star" link, right? NOT about our forum-mate "STAR" --about whom I have NEVER heard any complaint (and would not believe it if I did).

    M

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    672

    Default STAR is 1st Class

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
    You are talking about the person on the "gun-parts.com/star" link, right? NOT about our forum-mate "STAR" --about whom I have NEVER heard any complaint (and would not believe it if I did).
    Original post corrected to denote gun-parts.com.
    I have bought grips and other parts from Jorge/STAR, and each has been a great transaction.

    In fact, Jorge now has those Astra Cub grips and I intend to order some.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Beach Va
    Posts
    8,836

    Thumbs up thanks for the help

    I sent STAR a PM, with contact info,

    if that doesn't work, I'll try the other link,

    Thanks to all for the info!!

    Lyman

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Beach Va
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    parts arrived today, THANKS Jorge!!!

    feedback left in the positive forum

    edited, it's the wrong part!!!
    Last edited by Lyman1903; 01-15-2009 at 11:30 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyman1903 View Post

    edited, it's the wrong part!!!
    I must clarify this........

    He received in fact the RIGHT firing pin for BKS, they are original, tested for fit on a real BKS, and correct by STAR FACTORY ORIGINAL BLUEPRINTS.

    It seems that this fellow BKS, is a very late one, probably made when STAR started production of BM models, and this is why his particular pistol (I'm sure there will be others out there), uses a BM/BKM firing pin. There was no way for me to know that.

    This was a pretty common practice on transition models (as an example, some early BM models, left the factory with BKS type thumb safety levers, due to the large stock of them already produced).

    Anyway, a new BM firing pin, correct for his pistol, is on it's way.

    Best regards to all.
    Last edited by STAR; 01-21-2009 at 09:43 AM.

    I am an international patron of Gunboards

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Backwoods Virginia
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Now that is CLASS.

    M

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Beach Va
    Posts
    8,836

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    I must clarify this........

    He received in fact the RIGHT firing pin for BKS, they are original, tested for fit on a real BKS, and correct by STAR FACTORY ORIGINAL BLUEPRINTS.

    It seems that this fellow BKS, is a very late one, probably made when STAR started production of BM models, and this is why his particular pistol (I'm sure there will be others out there), uses a BM/BKM firing pin. There was no way for me to know that.

    This was a pretty common practice on transition models (as an example, some early BM models, left the factory with BKS type thumb safety levers, due to the large stock of them already produced).

    Anyway, a new BM firing pin, correct for his pistol, is on it's way.

    Best regards to all.

    Jorge,


    I meant no slight to you for the above statement, please don't take offense,

    the correct part arrived quickly, and is installed and working great!

    I mailed the other pin back, hoping you have it by now!

    Jorge sets the standard for parts suppliers, great communication, quick turnaround and great to deal with,


    Thanks!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •