Default Hornady Cam Lock case trimmer

Got an early Christmas present from my MIL this morning. Following the instructions, I place the shell holder in the shell lock, but the spindle will not fit into the hole on the shell holder. Instructions state that the trimmer uses standard shell holders, so I guess the question is: Have the holes in shell holders been changed to a different size since I bought my stuff back in the 90's?? If anyone is familiar with this thing I'd sure appreciate some guidance. Right now it appears that I need to run all my shell holders through the drill press to enlarge the holes. Doesn't seem right to me....

Thanks...
    I carry three mags. The first one is to get me to cover. The second one is to put up a spirited defense. The third one is to get me back to where I left my rifle.

Hornady cam lock trimmer does not work with Lee shell holders. I'm guessing that you're trying to use Lee shell holders because I was able to recreate the same situation as you describe if I attempt to use Lee. It has been a while since I bought my Hornady trimmer but I thought they included a number of common shell holders with the trimmer....
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

They do include some trimmer pilots for various calibers, (not shell holders though) and I was trying to use a Hornady shell holder from a Hornady New Dimension 3 die set for 9x18.
    I found a drill bit that was .002 larger than the pilot, enlarged the hole in the shell holder and trimmed over 400 pieces of brass today. I love that cam lock feature!
    I carry three mags. The first one is to get me to cover. The second one is to put up a spirited defense. The third one is to get me back to where I left my rifle.

I do like the Hornady equipment but trimming is probably my least favorite aspect of reloading. I recently went out to Midway and bought the attachment for connecting a drill to the cutting side of the trimmer. IIRC it was about $27 but well worth the investment versus hand cranking through hundreds of cases that need trimming. I'm actually hoping for a case prep center for X-mas but I don't know if I have been "good enough" this past year :D
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

Trimming is the worst! Even with the easy to use trimmer my hand still hurts. My arm was sore this morning after trimming 400 cases yesterday. Then I had to do all the campher/reamer work. Finished that today. My hands hurt. The drill attachment is definitely in my future. I contacted Hornady about my shell holder not fitting, tech support told me it was likely an older holder (he was right) and he's sending out a new one, no charge. Can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by pwhited View Post
    ... and he's sending out a new one, no charge. Can't beat that.
    Problem solved! Excellent resolution to the situation and great customer service. Merry Christmas :D