Question RG-26 .25 Cal Slide removal ??

Hey Guys, I just found this site while looking for info. I am trying to clean up an RG-26 .25 cal pistol for my Dad. I have most of it apart but can't figure out how the slide comes off. I am hoping that someone on here knows how.... Thanks, Andy

Rohm's RG revolvers were the worst quality revolvers in the world, http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...highlight=RG38
    So I wouldn't trust their pistols either.

I couldn't find any disassembly directions.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Default rg26 slide removal

hey andy,
    it can be a little tricky the first time but once u get it, its really quite easy. Remove the magazine and put the striker in the fired position. then while holding the latch up, push the slide back about .5 to .75 of an inch until it engages the striker guide on the inside. Then while keeping the latch engaged to the striker guide inside, let the slide come forward about .25 of an inch. This disengages the striker guide from its latch on the frame. Then lift the rear of the slide up and u can remove it in a forward direction. be careful not to loose the striker guide as it may pop off its spring. Good luck, let me know if u get it

Default slide removal the easy way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P.O.S. pistol.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	363057 just shoot the gun and the front half of slide will break off and in my case fly into a creek

Quote Originally Posted by brandonb623 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P.O.S. pistol.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	363057 just shoot the gun and the front half of slide will break off and in my case fly into a creek
    Maybe you should show this to Dad and see if he still wants to shoot it.