Default Shotgun shell value?

I have come into a bunch of older 12 gauge shells. Most are paper, and there are also some boxes of those "all new plastic" shells. Most of it looks like 50's and 60's?

If anyone can give me an idea of value or if I should just buy a 12 gauge to blast away with.

1 box of 25 Remington Express Extra Long Range Buck Shot Loads 12 ga. 2 3/4 shells, paper shells.

Nearly a box of Western SuperX 12 gauge 3 inch magnum 6 shot paper shells

Box of 25 Western Xpert 12 gauge 2 3/4 8 shot paper shells

Full boxes of the following:

(2) Remington "All American" Trap Loads 12 ga. 2 3/4in. 7 1/2 shot, plastic looks 60's - early 70's

Winchester W Super-Speed "All new plastic" 12ga. 2 3/4 7 1/2 shot, obviously early plastic

Western SuperX "All new plastic" 12ga. 2 3/4 7 1/2 shot, obviously early plastic

Western SuperX "All new plastic" 12ga. 2 3/4 6 shot, obviously early plastic

The other stuff is modern... any ideas?

Thanks!

Ray
    Last edited by Hienkel429; 12-26-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Polk County, Florida - out in the boonies

I'd list it on the Trader. I would definitely think there would be some interest among cartridge collectors. As to pricing it, Cant help you with that. Maybe you could trade it for something you want though.
    American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!
    http://fantasyofflight.com/
    VENISON - It's whats for Dinner!

Depends

Alot depends on the length of the brass part of the empty shells. if the brass section is the long type I'd save it and buy a 12 ga. scatter tool of your choice and reload the cases and use it. As to value I can't really tell you as to its worth. I would assume the paper ones are more collectable as they just don't make them anymore or at least I haven't run into any lately. I prefer 16 ga. scatter tools because of the extended range and pattern for big bird hunting. My youngest son has a couple of Winchester autos and pumps that he enjoys. I've already told him to never let go of those tools cause they do not make them anymore. Shucks, just go out and buy a 12 ga. and reload the shells you have.

My local gun shop has bags and boxes of old paper and plastic 12 ga. shotshells for $5.00 per 25 shells and no one buys them. Just because it is old or paper does not make it collectable unfortunately. There are a million different varieties of old shotshells and only a tiny percent are really collectable, and they have to be in mint condition at that. Try and find someone with a 12 ga. that wants blasting ammo who will take them off of your hands.

D.D.

I see them at flea markets here in SC. The guys sell them for 50 cents to a dollar a piece and they are always looking to buy from others to sell later. Thefull boxes, especially the older boxes not made anymore (50's- early 60's) sell from $5.00 to $25.00 depending upon what they are. Now a full box is worth considerably more. Go to Gunbrokers or Auction Arms and look under antique ammunition. The prices may scare you. You may list yours there if you care to. Just rememebr you have to ship UPS and not USPS