Question Mini 14 folding stock "Falcon" who made it, value?

I have one of these, it looks a lot like the factory folder. Does anyone know who made it?
    I am trying to establish a value for it as well.

I think Ruger, or its stockmaker, made them in-house. Some hate these stocks and they do have their issues but I just love them. I think they were a very ingenious solution to the problem of folding the stock up quickly, easily and compactly while providing a rock solid lock up when extended. There was an almost exact duplicate of the Ruger folding stock sold in the 80s but the name of the firm escapes me. I do recall the only real difference was in the shape of the pistol grip. The duplicate had more of an AR-15 type pistol grip and not the unusual smaller grip found on the Ruger product. Prices on these stocks are all over the place so I will no hazard a guess on that. I have seen them sell for quite cheap and I have seen them linger when sold for big bucks.

If it is marked Falcon (stamped into the wood near the receiver) then it is not the factory folder. The manufacturer was Falcon. Michael is correct though that the Falcon was a very close copy of the factory folder, almost identical in fact, except it has an AR-15 style pistol grip with a slight gap between the grip and the rear of the trigger guard whereas the factory grip fits flush and I believe was proprietary, which is why no other folder has it. Here's a picture of a mini with a Falcon stock.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Quote Originally Posted by IamElmerJFudd View Post
    If it is marked Falcon (stamped into the wood near the receiver) then it is not the factory folder. The manufacturer was Falcon. Michael is correct though that the Falcon was a very close copy of the factory folder, almost identical in fact, except it has an AR-15 style pistol grip with a slight gap between the grip and the rear of the trigger guard whereas the factory grip fits flush and I believe was proprietary, which is why no other folder has it. Here's a picture of a mini with a Falcon stock.

This is what I have, except that mine is has blue metal parts. Any ideas on value?

If it isn't all beat up, I would say it's maybe worth around $150.00. Just guessing though.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by IamElmerJFudd View Post
    If it isn't all beat up, I would say it's maybe worth around $150.00. Just guessing though.
    Any other ideas on the value on this stock?

Quote Originally Posted by royke View Post
    Any other ideas on the value on this stock?
    Whatever someone is willing to pay for an aftermarket folder....You don't have a "benchmark" to go by, so auction it and set one.
    usrifle

Does anyone have a falcon folder for sale? Either for the mini or the 10/22 [which they also made], condition of the wood is NOT particularly important. Ive been looking for one for a project of mine.