Gunboards Forums banner

SOG's Romanian Tokarev's????

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  ruskiegunlover 
#1 ·
Has anyone received a Romanian Tokarev from SOG lately??? Godd or bad??

#2 ·
I received two from them last month. One was a Christmas present for my oldest son and I kept one. They were dated 1953 and 1955. Finish was not as good as the Polish T-33s that were available a few years back. Came with two mags, one was apparently new in cosmo. I have put about two hundred rounds of Bulgy ammo through it without malfunction. Accuracy is on a par with my Russian and Polish Toks. Delivery was very quick (I'm in western PA). Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. Doug

#3 ·
tt-33 from sog

i got a romanian tt-33 from sog on 12/24...2 weeks after i got a czech vz-52 pistol from them. i'm pleased with what i see...i was concerned about the batf mandated safety, but the arsenal did a good job of integrating it into the design.

too nasty outside for me to to shoot, so i'll defer to those posting that have, but i'm satified for the $$$.

aim advertises romanian 7.62x25 ammo @ $119.95/1224 rd case...nice stuff that shoots well in the vz-52. milder than the czech stuff out there...less stressful on equipment.

budman46

#4 ·
Excellent TTCs

I received two TTCs when SOG had their weekly special for 199.95. Both came in CIA boxes marked X for excellent, and they are. I wish now that I had ordered 4, or 6. I ran a little of the AIM ammo through them. I am SO happy! These TTs are so much fun to shoot. The AIM ammo is good stuff; it seems to have a good punch, too. Century has these for 230, I believe. Boy, did I luck out. Still a good buy at $230 if you want one.

#6 ·
Yes they are C&R. Centerfire Systems has them back in stock listed as excellent condition for $199.99. They look like the same Century imports. Plus Centerfire is a board sponsor.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/romaniantokarevtt-33pistolparttok-tt33.aspx

However I don't recommend the Polish 7.62x25 ammo they list now. I bought a tin from Century when it was on sale last month. You can see my post on it on the ammo board. Mine was apparently a bad year and lot as others that received the earlier 50's Polish ammo have mentioned it's better quality than the 1954 tin I received.

#8 ·
Your welcome. I ordered one online from them last night. Can't beat the price for excellent grade with holster and two mags. Plus now you can choose the cheaper 2nd day air shipping option. I always mention I'm a Gunboards member and my user name in their company name address line so they know.

I have no personal experience with he Bulgarian 7.62x25 but I've read posts over the years about it and more seem to like it than dislike. Usually TT-33 shooters like it the most. A search of the ammo board will yield you quite a bit of information on it. There was a bad lot of it quite a few years ago.

The Romanian 7.62x25 ammo that Aim and others currently sell is usually considered some of the best, if not the best, surplus TOK ammo.

#9 · (Edited)
Yup ordered it today from Centerfire. Its my christmas to me from me present, it was very hard not to push the "BUY" button on the CZ82 too it would be my third one. I gotta get more of those too. I'll go back next month.

#10 ·
I almost bought a CZ82 along with the TTC as well but held off as I've spent to much in the past couple of months.

Let us know your impression of the TTC when your receive it.

#11 · (Edited)
My Romanian Tokarev "1953" dated from centerfire systems arrived today in excellent condition with two mags its a real purdy one too. I'm happy with it and even the bore looks great too. :D I have to give centerfire 5 gold forks on this purchase for sure i'll be back......;)

I'd like to get another CZ82 but those russian 1895 nagants are looking good too having 12 or so of those would be nice too.:confused:

#12 ·
I received mine Saturday via USPS Priority Mail.:D Uhh they goofed on that because I'm a C&R holder but hey I loved the $12.50 shipping and Saturday delivery.

Pistol is excellent as 1911crazy describes his. It's Century Arms import that is graded excellent by them. It came with two mags and a leather lanyard. All numbers match except for the mags which are Romanian. The safety was stuck at first and the hammer strike seemed to light but after I field stripped it, cleaned the cosmo from the parts, and CLP'd the safety all seems well now. This one has the lightest and sweetest trigger pull of any I've ever handeled. I'm happy with it. Thank you Centerfire Systems.

#13 · (Edited)
My shipping was a lot cheaper than i expected it to be too. If this is the way that centertfire does business i'll be back for sure in the near future. I hate it when others rip me off on shipping costs.

This romanian tokarev is a great looking pistol. I'm surprised with most surplups hitting the bottom of the barrel on the supply something still can look this awesome!!!

This is one hell of a buy on these romanian tok's too. I see them on the gun sites for sale for close to $300 already. And the other tok's like the russian and polish are hitting close to $500 now too. I wish i put more $$ into guns than the stockmarket....I just lost 100k for the 3rd time in the stockmarket.

#15 ·
Ok, after reading above posts I'm thinking about buying one of each but wonder if anyone can comment on the condition of the CZ52s coming from Centerfire Arms lately?
I own a Bulgarian Makarov so like idea having another gun in caliber.
Do you mean the CZ82's that they have? I'm not aware of Centerfire Systems having the CZ52's now or in quite some time. If so the ones they show on their site in the pictures are Cherry's imports and look fairly nice.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1207&index=0

#16 ·
I have to go back and get another CZ82 in 9mm mak too. These are a great buy in any condition there awesome shooters. My first one in VG condition is my new carry gun its the perfect size for an in the pants holster and the holster also carries the extra mag too. Plus the price is right too.

Some guys are refinishing there CZ82 too.

#18 ·
Investment wise I'd say both will increase in value quite a bit in time, once the distributors sell out of them. All the Torkarev's, except for the Romanians, have already went up in value quite bit and the Romanians will likely follow once the supply dries up.

I leave your defensive weapon question to someone more knowledgeable on the subject than me.

#19 ·
Investment wise I'd say both will increase in value quite a bit in time, once the distributors sell out of them.

+1. The prices on the Romanian Toks are already on the rise. I bought mine, from SOG, a couple of months ago at 209. Now I see them advertised from 219 (kinda good) to 249 (pretty good). On the other hand the CZ82's have remained close to the 199 mark for some time. I paid 179 on special at J&G. Both weapons fire anything I have tried (Wolf,Brown Bear,S&B and Remington) with no problems at all. For me they are both a little big for CC (especially the Tok). I agree with a lot of the others that these are a good investment if that's what you're trying to do.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.