Default Gun Store Report - Ammo Depot (TX)

Yesterday, I took a drive out to Mickey's Ammo Depot, east of Dallas. He had a good number of the arsenal refinished 91/30s that looked pretty good, some of which were hex. Also, he had quite a few SKSs, most of which looked to be Yugos with the grenade laucher attachment. I went to pick up some 7.62x54r ammo, of which he had a fair amount of brass Bulgarian heavy & light ball.

I also went for a drive in the country. "Progress" and "Civilization" is coming to this area northeast of Dallas, from Nevada to Caddo Mills, and there was a lot more traffic than I was used to. However, it was fun to be in a real country gun shop with the typical sort of people who frequent such places that are, unfortunately becoming more rare.

Still this was another of my infrequent trips to Mickey's and I hope to make many more.

Are these the same folks that used to located on Peachtree in Mesquite?

Wish we had stores like that here in central (Killeen-Temple) area. but i don't mind going to Austin once a month to the gun show. just wish we had some real Mom & Pop joints.
    My favorite gun store is my new house.

Prices are low, and service is impeccable. And the hours are incredible, they're always open when I show up, for now and FOREVER!!!!

Default Mixed-up

Ammo depot is in caddo mills and The Armory is in mesquite. Both are friendly places with nice local crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThmGuns View Post
    Ammo depot is in caddo mills and The Armory is in mesquite. Both are friendly places with nice local crowds.
    Would you please post a hi-res pic of your avatar that we could all copy and enlarge? Please? (Is that a 289 Cobra in the background?) :D
    Just looking...... Membership Chair, Dormont Mt. Lebanon SC, PA. Visit us at : http://www.mdi.net/dml/

Timmy,

What are their prices for the 7.62x54?

Thanks, T

Sounds like a very nice little shop.
    John King Sr.
    Member of North Florida Arms Collectors Association

My Son and I went about a month ago to do some trading and to show Mickey and to shoot my Thompson 1928A1, Japanese type 96 and M2 carbine. I had made a deal on a trade and asked if he would want to see the others. I was coming home from a Saturday continuing education class and time was short. All three needed a cleaning and oiling, but they shot well enough. Mickey said he could see the bullets on my drum dump with the Thompson.

Last month he had some nice M1 Garands to pick from. I think they were $595, but call first to verify price and stock. I like to go by to browse, buy and trade with them.

Tribrothers

Cobra..... I don't see any car in that avatar!!!
    I never met a gun I didn't like!
    Dogs are better people than most people.

Default AlamoCity

The Bulgarian HB was $75 a tin, LB was $65

You can call Mickey at 903 527 6120

Question

tribrothers,
    You do realize that your avatar is the Chilean flag and not the Texas flag, right? Just wondering, as I am a fellow Texan.