Thread: Yugo M48 value?

Default Yugo M48 value?

I've got a Yugo M48 that I bought years ago that I am thinking of putting on the trader.It is an excellent all matching,with a non-matching bayo,sling,etc.Also,there are two different M48's.How do I tell which one I've got?

A nice one was going between $100-$200 when I was buying them 4 or 5 years ago. Probably not too much more now. I think they are a bit under appreciated though I have more respect for them now that I have a number of other mausers.

Can't remember all the differences between the two or three types. I believe one had a milled trigger guard, one stamped and another had a scrubbed receiver.
    M48A, M48B and M48BO comes to mind but not sure now.
    Last edited by Billofthenorth2; 01-21-2009 at 02:16 PM.
    The surplus of verbiage oft times consummates in a loss of perspicacity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

The stamped base plate is an M48a, a milled base plate in an m48.
    "The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

Default Re: M 48

I suspect the price has crept up a little lately, as I don't see many on the milsurp dealers web sites.
    You might check the forums on Parallax Bills web site for more info, as they have a separate forum dealing with just Yugo's.

gunshy

At the auction sites I've seen prices in the $140 to $225 range depending on particular model and condition. The BO unmarked varieties tend to bring even a bit more.
    Paul

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

M48 All milled parts
    M48A stamped floor plate only
    M48B Receiver ring is still stamped M48A- stamped floor plate, trigger guard mag well is a stamped and welded assy. Also stamped and welded barrel bands and stamped follower.
    M48bo Rifle is devoid of manufacture or national markings, no crest noly serial number and proof marks as a rule. Configured either as an M48 or M48B. To date, I have been unable to confirm an M48A configured M48bo.

Prices for excellent examples can go as high as $250 at auction, more off the shelf if you can find one, these days.

I hope this helps.
    "In times of trouble and of war, God and soldiers we adore;
    When wars are done and wrongs are righted, God's forgotten and the soldier slighted."
    Olde English proverb, origin unknown

I do not play the computer "friend" game, thing. Please do not "friend" me. I will gladly answer PMs if you want contact with me.