Tikka 91/30s
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka 91/30s

USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

Default Tikka 91/30s

To those who have donated time and information to this thread, I am extremely grateful. There have been some interesting trends that have developed over the past couple of years. None of this would have been evident without this thread and without the submissions from its members and other boards.

Due to the move from the old old forum and the old new forum, we have lost information that has been submitted by it's members. With this post, I am trying to give a summation of what has been collected as of yet. I have tried to give a statistical idea of the features that will be found on these rifles. I have tried to break it down to the best of my ability. If you can't tell already, I am trying. Some things just don't come out in the wash without the big picture. And with the big picture, comes my whole database. Unfortunately, I cannot and at this time don't wish to, post my whole database. Its not ideal to post on 25 rifles at a time in pictures for over 250 rifles, and the file format is simply not supported.

If you haven't submitted information and you have a rifle you would like to report on, please feel free to do so.

The KEY information that I am collecting is as follows:

Year on barrel: 1943 or 1944
    Receiver type: Hex or Round
    Stock type: Finnish two piece (wartime,post war, or Russian partial) or Russian one piece
    Front sight type: Blade (Finnish two piece, Russian/Soviet blade, or barley corn) or Soviet Globe

***Please Note***
    Following this post, I will post a list of the members who should receive credit for submitting their information on the previous two boards. It wouldn't be necessary if were possible to recreate their submissions. (All three pages full.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tikka Survey Short Summary.JPG  
    Last edited by USMCsean; 09-10-2007 at 08:23 PM.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

Below is a list of members who should receive credit for submitting their information on the previous two boards. It wouldn't be possible to have collected all the data without them.

1941, .44WCF Bill, 454 Pistol shooter, 6thsf, 7.62x54r, Allans Amory, Armsbid.com, Auction Arms, Badger, ball3006, Bampa, BeSwift, blacst, BradB, briarcliff, ChrisG, Combat32, CRH, daver1984, digger658, dtmosin, DudleyDR, ehamilton92, Empire Arms, ExecChef, ExGrndPounder, Ezra Coli, fighter ace, Finn Collector, FinnFanatic, finnmn, fusilier, GFL775, gil, GoShoot, Green Sling, GregCandR, grinder, Gunbroker Auction, gunjunkie, Gunmaker, GunOne, GunsAmerica, Hoss, HunterJ4068, jindodog, jlacy, jmlivingston, John Bufka, kampfy, Keithreid, kevsky, Kf4rza, KHW, kilrathi, Kor, Kriggevaer, krochus, ksstargazer, LarryR, Les Stanley, lhtowner, lvmb, M240G, M-38scrubber, Magnum62, Manowar, matt351, Mbsk01, Michael Jon Littman, Mike O, Mike Rockhill, Moe, MosinNagant.net, mrkimball, mto7464, Musick, NavyGunner, neatguns, Njanear, noro, opacity, Pahtu, Panhead Bill, ParallaxBill, plantfoam, POLSKA, ptrthgr8, Pur Sang, Red Ryder, REK41, retiredengine31a, RH Scott, Richard W., ricknoon, Rifleman, rmf762, rocker98, rodaz, Ron Thompson, rsc, sacooke, selectfire, Sgt Neutron, Shootatit, Shyquestor, slimedog, Spasm, Stew, svs, Swiend, Texl, ThePitsBro52, tomlawone, Turmion, twh, USMCsean, usrifle, Veritas1911
    Last edited by USMCsean; 01-04-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.

Default New Entry For You....

Year On Barrel: 1944
    Receiver Type: Hex
    Stock Type: Finnish Two Piece (Round Two Finger Joint)
    Front Sight Type: Finnish Two-Piece With Barleycorn Style Blade
    Serial Number: #58697

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Finn round finger stock
    Hex
    2-pc dove-tail sight

Talking My Tikka M30

Date: 1944
    Receiver: Round
    Stock: Wartime 2-piece Finnish
    Front sight: double-stacked, notched
    Ser#: 55735
    Gunhorde

Milsurps - like legal crack

3782 posts on the previous G.B. V.3

Hi Sean.

Here is another Tikka 91/30 for your list (#71677):

Year on barrel: 1944
    Receiver type: Hex
    Stock type: Finnish two piece (wartime)
    Front sight type: Blade (double stacked)

Are you interested in Tikka M91's as well? I have a number of these.

Last edited by DASC; 10-22-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    DASC, Formerly known as Dave/Collector9
    NRA Endowment Member; 01 FFL & 03 FFL Holder

Una mas:

Year On Barrel: 1943
    Receiver Type: Hex
    Stock Type: One piece Russian(?)
    Front Sight Type: Blade (single stacked)
    Serial Number: #52491

Hi Sean,
    Here's my two:

Serial Number: #55265
    Receiver Type: Round-1939 Tula
    Stock Type: Finn pot belly (wartime)
    Front Sight Type: Blade (stacked)

Serial Number: #61167
    Receiver Type: Hex-1899 Tula

Do you have any stats on how many came with the russian globe front sight?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pair.jpg  

One more,

Serial Number: #56859
    Receiver Type: Round-1938 Tula
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tikka59.jpg  

Sean, my 2 are,

Serial number: 71516
    Receiver type: Round
    Stock type: Russian one piece
    Front sight type: Soviet Globe

Serial number: 63344
    Front sight type: Blade (Finnish two piece)
    NavyGunner

I'm a political refugee from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

I don’t remember what I added before, so I am adding them all again…

Tikka 91/30 for your list (#73238):
    Receiver type: round, low wall
    Stock type: Finnish two piece (wartime) from 2 Russian M91/30 stocks; (dog collar)
    Front sight type: globe

Tikka 91/30 for your list (#66138):
    Receiver type: round, highwall, also pinned Russian sight base (soldered on)
    Stock type: Russian wartime (screwed in rear sling slots and open front with metal strip)
    Front sight type: globe

Tikka 91/30 for your list (#63426):
    Receiver type: Hex (antique)
    Stock type: Finnish two piece, pot belly (wartime)

Tikka 91/30 for your list (#64362):
    Receiver type: Hex (1926 Izzy Dragoon)
    Stock type: Finnish two piece (transitional *not original to the rifle, replacement*)

Tikka 91/30 for your list (#50071):
    Year on barrel: 1943
    Receiver type: Hex (?32’ Tula?)

My Tikka 91/30:
    Round Receiver
    Serial# 63516
    Standard globe site with "peg" rather than blade.
    Russian refurbished stock w/lined-thru-square refurb mark on butt and flaking shellac on forend like all the recent refurbs.
    Bolt body is numbered "MC 37" and matches the floorplate but nothing else.

I imagine the stock must have been swapped out here in the states - otherwise how could such a 91/30 end up like this was unless it was fielded and captured by the russians?

There is a very odd mark on the stock across from where the bolt handle is - a small "5" stamped inside the lower curl of a larger "5" (not pictured below). Sorry for the crummy pics - focusing problems with my camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0066.JPG   IMG_0067.JPG  
    Last edited by Petrov; 11-18-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Its a replacement stock. There have been a couple that have popped up as replacements. My guess is over here, which is fine. The other characteristics that are still on the rifle help the overall picture and the information that I am collecting.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsean View Post
    Its a replacement stock. There have been a couple that have popped up as replacements. My guess is over here, which is fine. The other characteristics that are still on the rifle help the overall picture and the information that I am collecting.
    I edited it to mention the peg rather that blade front site. I take it this was fairly standard for the Finns?

This rifle has already been entered on this survey, but it's mine now, and I've been looking forward to doing this for ages!

Receiver type: Hex (1895 Sestroryetsk, 'AZF' marked)

Default 43 Tikka 91/30

Year on barrel: 1943
    Stock type: Finnish two piece (wartime,Russian partial)
    Front sight type: Blade (Finnish two piece)

SN 5189
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails overall.JPG   receiver 2.JPG   Finn Hang Tag.jpg  

Words Conquer!

SN# 70839
    date: 1944
    Round receiver
    2-piece Finnish stock, unmarked
    Globe front sight
    "Would you die in your sleep like an ailing pet?" - Serenity

Default 1942 Tikka

Yes, I know I said 1942 and No it is not a Model 91. Sorry to bring such a controversial example to this survey, but it is a 1942 Tikka 91/30, serial number 344xx. The serial number range would be correct for very early in 1943. My guess is it was made at the end of December 1942 and the rest of the production picked up in 1943 and 1944. Details: round receiver, low wall; stacked front sight; two-piece Finn potbelly stock Z manufacture marked.

Care to send me pics of the rifle you are mentioning. I am interested to see what it looks like. The SN range does not fall into an early 43. Not in anything that I have collected so far. Nothing spans farther back than 50,ooo.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Default 44 Tikka M91/30

Year: 1944
    SN: 71117
    Front Sight: Russian Globe
    Stock Type: Russian Pre-war (screwed escutcheons)
    Last edited by learjet60; 02-10-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    "When Stalin says dance, a wise man dances."
    N. Khrushchev in Khrushchev Remembers

I am looking for a pre-war or war-time M38 stock

Default 1944 Round Receiver

Year 1944
    receiver - Round
    Stock- Finn 2 piece w/2 finger joints
    sight- Stacked blade type
    Ser# - 63741

Where in order to get to the South, you have to go north

Year: 1943
    SN: 53235
    Receiver: Hex
    Front Sight: Fin. two piece blade
    Stock Type: Fin. finger splice, circle-Z crossed cannons stamp on butt, screw in escut.

Other: [SA] next to year

Default M1891/30 Tikka PU Sniper Rifle

Hi Sean,

This is my Tikka
    Serial Number=64366
    Year on Barrel=1944
    Receiver Type=Round
    Stock Type=Finnish 2 piece round mortis
    Front Sight=Bladed (stacked)
    Set as a sniper with PU scope from Century Arms

Stock type: Pot Belly
    Front site: front has notched back
    and top is flat like on a Finnish M91
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 200733015167_006.jpg   2007330151712_007.jpg   2007330151834_008.jpg   2007330152341_005.jpg  
    Life Member of NRA
    Member of GOA and VCDL

Default 1944 Tikka

Hello:
    S/N 56382
    Stock: Finnish pot-bellied, round finger joint
    Front sight: 2 piece Finnish, blade is on backwards.

hex
    finn wartime
    finn blade

Year:1943
    Rec: Hex
    Stock:2-piece Finnish Wartime
    Sight:2-Piece Finnish
    No.:52693

Year:1944
    Rec: Round
    Stock:2-piece Finnish Wartime
    Sight:2-Piece Finnish
    No.:62264
    Last edited by Armed 2 tha Teeth; 04-26-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Talking Todays arrival

I just got my Tikka 91/30 today.
    Hex Chatellerault
    Izhevsk one piece pre war stock
    Finn 2piece stacked
    SN. 51833
    Last edited by John Crusher; 04-08-2008 at 10:21 AM.

My Tikka 91/30:

Serial: 56471
    Year: 1944
    Receiver: Round (1939 Izhevsk)
    Stock: Wartime Finnish two piece, pot belly, Z-marked, very dark in color
    Front sight: Blade (double stacked)

hex
    Finn 2-piece wartime
    Finn 2-piece stacked

Round receiver
    Finn 2 piece round fingers
    Globe

Hex
    2 piece stacked sight

Round
    2 piece stacked sight

Round
    2 piece stacked sight

Round
    Russian stock
    Globe

Default tikka 91/30s

Dear USMCSean-
    here are two more Tikka 91/30s for your survey:

1. 1944 - SA - hex rec - 61043 - wartime Finn stock - refinished with very intact Czarist crest on rec - elevated blade front sight - exc condition + bore

2. 1944 - SA - round rec - 57166 - wartime Finn stock - refinished - Soviet hooded globe front sight - exc condition + bore

Both were hand picked by myself at Century in VT #2 had arsenal tag and both shoot with outstanding accuracy - 2" groups at 100m with no special ammo or effort.

sincerely, Alpino - Bozeman, MT

Default Tikka 91/30

Hex Receiver
    Finn 2 piece stock (two finger splice)
    Stacked front sight
    Ser # 63901

New one today
    Hex (1897 Tula)
    2 piece Finn round finger stock
    Stacked front sight.

Default Finn 91/30 1942&1944

Year, 1942 #34453
    Rec. , Round
    Stock, Finn 2 piece wartime
    Ft. Sight, Finn 2 piece

Year, 1944 #61189
    Rec., Hex
    Stock, Finn 2 piece wartime
    Ft. Sight, Soviet Globe

Default Tikka 91/30 '44

Better late than never,

Year 1944, SN 71832, round receiver 1939 Izhevsk, Finn stacked front sight with bolt on protector, war time round finger two piece Finn fish belly stock with wire hangers.

Ever seen one of those?
    Mike
    Last edited by friedspam; 09-17-2008 at 10:28 PM.

hex
    russian one piece
    soviet globe
    # 64991

Default New to me 1944 Tikka 91/30

I recently picked this up off another board member.

Receiver type: Low wall Round
    Stock type: Russian one piece (refinnished by the Finns)
    Front sight type: Soviet Globe
    SN# 71223

Finn matched bolt, mirror bore and I couldn't be happier with my first Tikka!

PAshutr2

Default Add these to the mix...

Sean,

Too tired to post images tonight but have had these two Finn 91/30s:

1944 Tikka
    SN# 65149
    Octagonal Receiver
    Russian one-piece stock
    Soviet globe front sight

1944 Tikka
    SN# 62852
    Octagonal Receiver
    Finn 2 piece stock
    Finn built-up front sight

New one posted yesterday

1944 Tikka
    SN# 56510
    Round 1937 Tula Receiver
    Finn 2 piece stock
    Finn built-up front sight

Tiledude

Just got this one earlier this week-

1944 Tikka
    S/N 61797
    1937 Izhevsk round receiver
    Finn 2 piece wartime stock
    Stacked, notched blade front sight

Talking Tikka 91/30

Hi everybody.
    My first post in this wonderful forum from a french Mosin Nagant afficionado.
    I own a (very little) collection with three MN, all finnish and I appreciate them a lot.
    I will try to share pics of them in the other forum.

Here is my Tikka 91/30 for your list (#56804):

Receiver type: Round (1939)

Congrats for the forum!

Default Finnish M-91

I have a Finnish M-91, serial number 16634, SA marked, and re-barreled by TIKKI in 1940. It has 2 piece Finnish stock, and what feels like a 2 stage trigger pull. The reciever is octagonal and has what may be a Austran-Hungarian capture mark.

Finnish two piece (square finger joints, post war, I think)
    Hex receiver
    Globe and post

Last edited by CalFed; 07-29-2009 at 03:01 PM.

50230 Hex, 43, globe FS, Finnish Stock, auction
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Tikka 91/30
    Year on barrel 1943
    Hex receiver, French made with what looks like a grease hole
    Double stacked blade front sight
    SN 51833

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast