Exclamation Looking for Info.on Smith and Wesson Model 547 .9mm Revolver.

I recall when it came out in 1982. I recall reading in some Gun Magazine's about it, as I was in the Army at the Time. However I dont know much about this Rare Smith and Wesson Revolver. I had read the French Police wanted a Revolver in .9mm Luger Smith and Wesson made it for them, and also started selling it in the U.S. There was a 3 and 4 Inch Barrel Model. The 3 Inch had those nice Large Grip's, and I believe it was a K Frame, it was a very nice looking Revolver. This is the only Revolver I would own, as .9mm is my Caliber in a Handgun. I believe S&W stopped making it before the end of the 1980's. If anyone know's anything about this hard to find Revolver in a Semi-Auto Pistol caliber, Please let me know. thank's Paul

547 introduction 1980,1982 start "aaf" sn. prefix and delete pinned barrel.1985 discontinued.Production about 10,270 units,with 6486 being round butt models.Good condition $325.00,Exc.condition $600.00,New in box $850.00.Great gun wish I had one.Info got out of the standard catalog of Smith & Wesson 3rd edition.

Also maybe of interest was that the 547 did not use half or full moon clips it used a clever ejector system with 6 spring like fingers mounted on the ejector shaft that would engage the extractor groove in the 9mm cases as the ejector rod was pushed. It was a complicated and expensive to make system that was somewhat fragile and unreliable from what I have read.

Paul, you might also be interested in the model 940. Similar to the .38 special caliber model 640 centenial, the 940 was a J frame that used 5 shot full moon clips.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

I have read that the French later bought Ruger double action revolvers using 9mm half moon clips.

Thumbs up

Thank everyone for Reply's on this Revolver. I saw 2 on Gunbroker.com Paul