Thread: What's your source of 7.62x38R Ammo?

Default What's your source of 7.62x38R Ammo?

Howdy. I've been doing some searches, etc. online for ammo. Just curious where you all buy yours. Thanks.
    "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever." — I Timothy 5:8 (NASB)

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." — Thomas Jefferson, June 19, 1796

HotShot ammo from Midway.

ECS
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Earle E. Horton, Jr.

"I din't say I was faster'n you. I said I'd kill you." -Thomas Parker Smith, Elm Creek Ranch, N.M.T., 1886

Default 7.62mmx39R

I have some stareline brass that I reload...I would like to get more, but stareline is not making it anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by packrat1 View Post
    I have some stareline brass that I reload...I would like to get more, but stareline is not making it anymore.....
    +1 here!

Hi RT,

It might be a good time to pick up some of the HOTSHOT at $18 a box. The ammo problem is only going to get worse. Shoot some up, save the cases, then reload for it.

It is cheap & eazy once you understand how to size the cases for the Nagant.

I still have about 80 of the original 100 cases of the Focchi cases I bought for $37 A BOX! I don't crimp them much at all. I did anneal them once.
    I HAVE ABOUT 20 RUGER 327 CASES THEY ARE VERY STRONG BUT STILL SHORT.
    32-20 cases are a good pick too.

Best,
    POINT6

+1 on making my own. I still have a pretty good supply of Starline brass plus re-sized 32-20 works well for me.

Thumbs down

Hi Guys,

I'm sure some of you have discovered this unpleasant fact of loose Russian machining tolerances.

Some chambers on some Nagant pistols are OVERSIZE. If you make up ammo. try to find the TIGHTEST chamber to make all your loads fit in all your revolvers.
    It's really a bummer when you bring two revolvers to the range & the ammo does not fit in one revolver AT ALL!

I still have about (slightly large) 200-300 rounds from the last time I made Nagant reloads. Please learn for my error.

Best to all,
    point6

I've been stocking up on the $18 a box Century Arms Hotshot. This is the third month straight they've run it on special.
    Paul

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by point622000 View Post
    +1 here!

Hi RT,

It might be a good time to pick up some of the HOTSHOT at $18 a box. The ammo problem is only going to get worse. Shoot some up, save the cases, then reload for it.

It is cheap & eazy once you understand how to size the cases for the Nagant.

I still have about 80 of the original 100 cases of the Focchi cases I bought for $37 A BOX! I don't crimp them much at all. I did anneal them once.
    I HAVE ABOUT 20 RUGER 327 CASES THEY ARE VERY STRONG BUT STILL SHORT.
    32-20 cases are a good pick too.

Best,
    POINT6
    Is that a dealer discount price? Web site shows $21.xx for mere mortals, which is still cheaper than anyone else....

Quote Originally Posted by kfinks View Post
    Is that a dealer discount price? Web site shows $21.xx for mere mortals, which is still cheaper than anyone else....
    Once you add it to your online cart, it applies a discount.
    "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever." — I Timothy 5:8 (NASB)

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." — Thomas Jefferson, June 19, 1796