Gunboards Forums banner

What's your source of 7.62x38R Ammo?

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RuralTurtle 
#1 ·
Howdy. I've been doing some searches, etc. online for ammo. Just curious where you all buy yours. Thanks.

#4 ·
I have some stareline brass that I reload...I would like to get more, but stareline is not making it anymore.....
+1 here!

Hi RT,

It might be a good time to pick up some of the HOTSHOT at $18 a box. The ammo problem is only going to get worse. Shoot some up, save the cases, then reload for it.

It is cheap & eazy once you understand how to size the cases for the Nagant.

I still have about 80 of the original 100 cases of the Focchi cases I bought for $37 A BOX! I don't crimp them much at all. I did anneal them once.
I HAVE ABOUT 20 RUGER 327 CASES THEY ARE VERY STRONG BUT STILL SHORT.
32-20 cases are a good pick too.

Best,
POINT6

#6 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm sure some of you have discovered this unpleasant fact of loose Russian machining tolerances.

Some chambers on some Nagant pistols are OVERSIZE. If you make up ammo. try to find the TIGHTEST chamber to make all your loads fit in all your revolvers.
It's really a bummer when you bring two revolvers to the range & the ammo does not fit in one revolver AT ALL!

I still have about (slightly large) 200-300 rounds from the last time I made Nagant reloads. Please learn for my error.

Best to all,
point6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.